• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Painting Engine, Tranny and Tcase

66horse

Bronco Guru
Anybody got anypics of how they have painted them? Everything is out of the bronco and its all brown and nasty looking. Thought it might be a good time to clean it up a little. I was thinking of all black for everything but then decided it would be cooler to do something that stands out a little.<br><br>Would love to hear suggestions on color, type o paint, etc...

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I did our 66 engine compatrment with universal gray engine paint. Looks nice with blue 351w w/ black motorsport valve covers that match your air cleaner. The gray helps reflect light when working in there instead of black.

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
a black engine block is supposed to run cooler? ?:?(this is what my last engine builder told me. don`t know whether it to be true or not)

broncoswede61

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles,CA
[quote author=sicaz66 link=board=5;threadid=8452;start=0#60157 date=1030464157]<br>a black engine block is supposed to run cooler? ?:?(this is what my last engine builder told me. don`t know whether it to be true or not)<br>[/quote]Sounds like your last engine builder had extra black engine paint laying around :eek: The color of the engine block has no bearing on running temp.

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Check out the POR-15 web site. They have some really nice engine paint products and colors.

canadabronco

Loc.
Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
I am doing mine with the new POR15 Corporate Blue. It is a really cool color but it is taking me a long time to do since it is 3 coats( 1 POR15 and 2 blue) I don't have pics yet but I will post them when I get them. I need a digital camera. Problem is that a new camera is the price of a good upgrade on the ole rig. Just like the Bronco I can't settle for anything cheap. Soon.

grant_71

Bronco Guru
I just finished rebuilding my 302and sandblasted and painted everything, the block, oil pan, valve covers and water pump are ford blue, the intake manifold and timing cover and coil are ford grey, exhaust manifolds and dipstick tube are flat black high temp, and the coil bracket, oil filler cap, and distick handle are red, if i took pics, (i don't remember, i wanted to but maybe didnt) i will post them for you.

jims66

engine_bay1.jpg

trans1.jpg

TahoeBRONCO

Loc.
N.Tahoe C.A
O'Yea got mezmerized by those Pics<br><br>Forgot why I was replying<br>Black engines suck can't find minor leaks <br>If you do a nice job use color<br> maybe FORD BLUE

jims66

Thanks, I sure had fun doing that project. On to the next one!<br><br>Jim

OP
OP
66horse

66horse

Bronco Guru
ya Jim that looks sweet!<br><br>Still trying to decide on colors. I dig ford blue but just thinking of doing something a little different. White seemd kinda cool because it would easy to find links, but then again probably always look dirty. I dont know, the search goes on. I like LUvmybroncos yellow engine. (I think it is his) Gonna paint the bronco orange so maybe Ill go that way.<br><br>Anyway thanks guys and if anybody else has pictures, please post em.!

jcmessing

JIm that is so beautiful. Its so clean I'm checking out your wiring to evaluate the electrical problem I'm having right now.<br>JC

wades76

Loc.
Monroe, GA
[quote author=jcmessing link=board=5;threadid=8452;start=0#60417 date=1030537349]<br>Hey whats in that little bag that says FORD on it. Cookies?<br>[/quote]<br><br>it's the washer fluid resevoir they were bags before they were the plastic bottle