• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

parchment or Wimbledon white??

papy

hello,

i am currently working on my 67 bronco body. i am thinking of sticking to the original colour on the vin tag which is code 6 pebble beige.

looking for colour info on the grill insert, door panels, dash and full hard top. i understand parchment was used for some of these panels on the earlier models just wondering if my 67 would have been parchment or Wimbledon?

or was the grill insert, door panels and dash pebble beige like the rest of the truck ? the topper Wimbledon?

thank you in advance.

ALSO LETS SEE THOSE PEBBLE BEIGE BRONCOS :) IF ANY MEMBERS HERE HAVE PICS PLEASE POST
THANKS

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Dash and door panels parchment. Grill, wheels and hard top wimbledon. Unless it was a sport.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Slowleak posted it somewhere here the other day I believe in a Parchment thread.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Thanks Slow. Did you use their primer too? any tips on the process you used?

I used Argent Silver on my wheels and it worked fine. Tried Wimbledon on a dash once and it just seemed like a thin paint..... light coats over primer would be my suggestion.

johnbeck

Papy, my wife has her hair colored brown with blond streaking. She likes it, much more in fact than the gray it would be. My Bronco is Ford Scandia Green, I really like it. It's factory color was ugly then, and would be ugly today if I elected to chance it back from the repaint color selected by the prior owner. My recommendation is paint your Bronco the color YOU like best on it. You won't regret it! I'm 69 and have grown tired of allowing others opinions to dictate what will be best for me. John

OP
OP
papy

papy

Papy, my wife has her hair colored brown with blond streaking. She likes it, much more in fact than the gray it would be. My Bronco is Ford Scandia Green, I really like it. It's factory color was ugly then, and would be ugly today if I elected to chance it back from the repaint color selected by the prior owner. My recommendation is paint your Bronco the color YOU like best on it. You won't regret it! I'm 69 and have grown tired of allowing others opinions to dictate what will be best for me. John

sorry but you lost me here not quite sure if i understand your statement lol. i am going with the oe & vin tag paint codes
thanks

johnbeck

Papa, forgive me for interpreting "I am thinking of sticking to the original colour" to infer you were considering other colours. I believe a holder of classic car sometimes is swayed to choose the original factory color not because the vehicle looks best to the individual in that color but that it may significantly increases the cars monitary value, or, out of some form of respect for the classic car, he feels it's the right thing to do. That said, my post was merely intended to be one of encouragement for you to select the color you will enjoy the most. Best to you, John

OP
OP
papy

papy

Papa, forgive me for interpreting "I am thinking of sticking to the original colour" to infer you were considering other colours. I believe a holder of classic car sometimes is swayed to choose the original factory color not because the vehicle looks best to the individual in that color but that it may significantly increases the cars monitary value, or, out of some form of respect for the classic car, he feels it's the right thing to do. That said, my post was merely intended to be one of encouragement for you to select the color you will enjoy the most. Best to you, John

oh no worries John i just wasn't sure what you meant by it lol. I originally (which i still might do) was planning to paint it a dark metallic blue on Wimbledon top, grill, dash and door inserts however i got looking at the original colour and it started to grow on me. i got a spray out done and like it even more so now than i did before.

i am still on the fence on what colour i will end up going with but that decision will have to made soon

cheers

OP
OP
papy

papy

back at it with the parchment colours. any chance my 67 dash and door inserts would have been painted pebble beige instead of parchment or was that not an option? i sprayed a few test pieces of the scott drake light parchment L-4595 and it is really light in colour compared tot eh OE dash colour.

thanks

chuckyb

Contributor
Hey Papy - I believe that your dash and door inserts on a 67 would have been parchment. Parchment and pebble beige are not too dissimilar. When I started to take my 68 apart it was really hard to tell that the door inserts were a different color than the rest of the door. For my interior at least, everything was darkened a good bit by grime. I'll post up a pic of my parchment paint can with the codes later today. I'm happy with the outcome.