• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Parked and this leak appeared - help identify?

toro

Went for a spin around town for about an hour. Got home, parked, and came back out after about 3 minutes and this leak appeared. Looks sort of green/yellow in color, so I’m assuming it’s coolant/radiator fluid? Engine was fairly hot when I came back. Anything to worry about?
mST3R7W

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Pressure gauge

When I did my start up on my 76 bronco had several leaks very small when engine is cold took this pressure gauge pumped up to about 13 psi and found them this one is snap on bought used works great

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 67

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Went for a spin around town for about an hour. Got home, parked, and came back out after about 3 minutes and this leak appeared. Looks sort of green/yellow in color, so I’m assuming it’s coolant/radiator fluid? Engine was fairly hot when I came back. Anything to worry about?
mST3R7W

Yes. Where was the puddle under the bronco? Trace your way up considering it could be running along the crossmember or tie-rods. Do another drive and check under the hood when you get back. Common spots are t-stat housing, leaky hose, radiator(especially if it's a 4-core conversion). Also around the water pump but that usually goes way bad unless it's just a gasket. If it was running hot could be a bad stat not opening which would add extra pressure. Or could be radiator could be low depending how long it's been leaking.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Some bronco's have no overflow bottle and instead it just spills it on the ground if it is over full or heats up to much.