• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pass. Side Air Vent - Void?

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
I am wanting to mount a coolant overflow reservoir on the fire wall... Am I going to hit anything behind with some self tapping screws?

“X” marks the spot!

3FE04DC3-7B13-4545-87C5-D6E1217E1144.jpg

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A heater box with linkage but its is offset from other side by about 3/4" space.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
See if you can mount to the unused carbon canister mount

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The heater is offset away from the kick panel by the adapter hose. Measure that length and you will have an idea if any screws would come close to the actual heater body.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Watch your wiring harness. But I think you probably have room if you put the screws in just the right spots. On yours the wiring harness "should" extend straight rearward before turning left at Albuquerque and running across the dash. Don't think you have any wires directly on the back of the firewall. Just insulation?
Best to reach up under there with your hand, behind the glovebox. Just to be sure.

Paul

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All dash harness wires mount up under the dash by the lower edge, none run along firewall except those going to heater blower.

OP
OP
76YETI

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
Thanks again...I'll be digging around this weekend. Finally getting the engine compartment in order.

rad bottle.jpg

engine air cleaner.jpg