• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whats the best way to clean the Pass. side air duct?

O

Original77

The drivers side has the little hatch door to clean out the dead bugs and leaves. Should I pull off the accordian style heater duct to get at the passenger side? I have a leak around there, and I've never cleaned out the passenger side air duct, prolly one dead bug too many. Thanks, O'77

67ster

Bronco Guru
Pulling it off is the best way, however you would have to pull the fender also . A shop vac. would probably do a fair job of getting most the debris if you pull the flex duct off the heater . There are two holes at the bottom of the duct about 3/4 " . To reach them you have to go between the outer fender skin and the outside of the cowl panel from the bottom . Good luck !!

77sport

Loc.
San Jose, CA
don't have to pull the fender to clean out the duct. after you disconnect the accordian hose push it back and remove the three screws holding the collar to the kick panel. pull it and the gasket out and you can get to inside of the duct with small vac hose. make sure the drain holes in the bottom are not plugged.

hakstooy

Loc.
Alexandria, VA
I just stuck a thick wire up the drain holes inside the fender and stirred around, it was AMAZING how much crap came out. Plus I took off the accordian thing and cleaned that out, but most of the stuff was stuck in the duct itself below the ledge on the kick panel.