• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Perforated Fender Skirt Install, Finally Solved My Engine Temp Issue!!! WITH PICS!!!

thesnake

Bronco Guru
unregistered, man that is tired, just go back to the pirate board.

slyjki

Loc.
okc ok
I figure if it fixed the problem awesome and if it gets muddy you have to clean it. The car wash is alot cheaper than the parts house or the rebuild shop. Besides that i live in ok and and we have red mud and i do mean red. I see tube buggys win mud pit events all the time with no fenders. Now they get muddy. have I told you guys lately that I love this board and you guys are awesome. As for the unregestered guy dont be ashamed or your coments be a man! You do own a bronco dont you?

MsMyMny

Loc.
So Cal
All I can say is that the Perforated Fender Skirts work!! Check them out in the latest issue of Bronco Driver. The Perforated Fender Skirts, high volume water pumps, high flow thermostats, water wetter and the Explorer serpentine set-up all help to reach one goal… to cool and engine and a engine bay that was designed for a 6 cylinder engine.

Scott Merrell
www.americanbronco.com

OP
OP
asabadin

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
no i do not live in that area. live right outside of los angeles, but after 2 days with the heat problem solved after our install, i had to head that way for business so i thought the cajon pass? possibly traffic ? A steep climb? Hot day? What could be a better proving ground for this product. Well needless to say, I ran into all three, the product adressed every one of them!!! on a high rpm climb, traffic and a pretty hot day, temp never got higher than 180-190. Oh yeah and to that unregistered girly man, sorry to tell you but the minority is becomming the majority (" afroenginering") just think some day you or your kids will be be working for a wop gumba like me or someone like me!!! at least for a day until your fired for bieng a ignorant coon ass!!! This is a bronco board In my opinion cutting corners is not an option. A cowl induction hood is both a bad solution for heat reduction and just plain ugly!!! Do not bash anybody on this board unless you plan to identify yourself, but then again your racist comments and paranoid ideas "internet pirates" makes you one of two people a kkk member or a methanphetamine user both who have no place here shoooo fly!!!!! This post is not intended to disrespect or insult anyone who reads this....... except Mr. unregistered

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just a reader here with no heat issues but can someone tell me why a cowled hood would not allow airflow at crawling speeds but the perforated skirts would? I kinda like the looks of the skirts (especially if I get some nice headers someday). I have a cowled hood scoop to fit the intake but no holes cut. Look at my gallery and tell me if you see a Camero.

I spent time in small crushed granite this weekend and I got rocks everywhere anyway without the perfed skirts.

My bottom line, I think the cowled hoods are cool and don't take from the look of a Bronco. I also think that the biggest drawback of the skirts would be having to keep your engine clean and looking good because you would be looking at it all of the time. Chrome is expensive. Do the skirts come in Chrome?

Jeff in AZ

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm glad the perforated skirts worked for you. Personally, I don't like the idea either. However, I can't see why it would matter to anybody if you like them and they do what you need.

I also have some heat problems on the trail. I solved most of it by trashing the headers and going back to stock manifolds. I dropped 10 degrees on the trail just bacause there was someplace for the air to go. I finally decided this wasn't a drag car and that headers are overrated anyway.

As for the cowl hood making these rigs not look like Broncos, that's just ridiculous. They don't make them look any less like a Bronco than lift kits, cut fenders, body lifts, etc.

Landshark

Loc.
California
asabadin said:
no i do not live in that area. live right outside of los angeles, but after 2 days with the heat problem solved after our install, i had to head that way for business so i thought the cajon pass? possibly traffic ? A steep climb? Hot day? What could be a better proving ground for this product. Well needless to say, I ran into all three, the product adressed every one of them!!! on a high rpm climb, traffic and a pretty hot day, temp never got higher than 180-190."

Good For you! Anytime you can lower your engine temp, it's a good thing.

"Oh yeah and to that unregistered girly man, sorry to tell you but the minority is becomming the majority"

Well I disagree, I too wouldn't want those just because I have a Stroppe,
but in any case I wouldn't take them because of the mud & dirt issues.

"](" afroenginering") just think some day you or your kids will be be working for a wop gumba like me or someone like me!!! at least for a day until your fired for bieng a ignorant coon ass!!!"

Well I don't think he meant that, but if he did, why would you stoop to his level? Don't bother with anyone that does that, it's not worth it.

"This is a bronco board In my opinion cutting corners is not an option. A cowl induction hood is both a bad solution for heat reduction and just plain ugly!!!"

I disagree, while what you did worked and worked well for you, doesn't mean that a cowl hood, different headers, properly timed motor, aux fans etc etc
won't work. As for ugly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, personally I don't
like Stroppe colors, but being thats what it came with, I live with it, others love em.

"Do not bash anybody on this board unless you plan to identify yourself, but then again your racist comments and paranoid ideas "internet pirates" makes you one of two people a kkk member or a methanphetamine user both who have no place here shoooo fly!!!!! This post is not intended to disrespect or insult anyone who reads this....... except Mr. unregistered"

Well I'll agree to that, if you are a regular poster here and don't have anything to hide, use your screen nic.

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I get the feeling someone is talking to themselves here. I have also not yet seen a thread on this site that brings out the whiney b*tch in people like this one has. How such a small group as Bronco owners can get divided over hood scoops and fender skirts is just amazing. People have been cutting the inners out alltogether for years and I never heard anyone cry about that but put in a peice of perfed metal and we cry and whine? And if you don't want a hood scoop then don't have one. But to come here and call people rigs a GM product, well thats just wrong.

Good luck and remember if your life sucks theres only one person to blame. I think this thread needs a do-over.

Jeff in AZ

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I've just seen this thread or I would have replied earlier. I was going to let it lie, but there's been too much name calling and cat fights on the forum lately.

If you have an opinion on what someone is doing then by all means express it. But if you can't express it in a civil manner without bashing other members then go somewhere else.

So please knock off the name calling, from both sides. There are other forums where that's the norm, but this isn't one of them.

Thanks! :-*

MsMyMny

Loc.
So Cal
admin said:
I've just seen this thread or I would have replied earlier. I was going to let it lie, but there's been too much name calling and cat fights on the forum lately.

If you have an opinion on what someone is doing then by all means express it. But if you can't express it in a civil manner without bashing other members then go somewhere else.

So please knock off the name calling, from both sides. There are other forums where that's the norm, but this isn't one of them.

Jon,
Well said

Scott Merrell
www.americanbronco.com

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I would suggest allowing posts only by registered members. It seems like a lot of the mud slinging is started by cowardly Unregistered's.

OP
OP
asabadin

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
Dusty said:
I would suggest allowing posts only by registered members. It seems like a lot of the mud slinging is started by cowardly Unregistered's.

isn't that the truth oh well I am happy with the product and i hope someone on this board can benifit from my experience. That is why i posted in the first place. I have been helped here on several occasions and had alot of dumb questions answered without bieng called dumb. Just trying to return the favor to the brotherhood=)

U

Unregistered

if you go back over this thread it was not the unregistered that called anybody anything, the unregistered was called ignorant by someone without the ability to spell -- being, benefit -- I was just giving my opinion on the product with a different solution

slyjki

Loc.
okc ok
Unregistered said:
if you go back over this thread it was not the unregistered that called anybody anything, the unregistered was called ignorant by someone without the ability to spell -- being, benefit -- I was just giving my opinion on the product with a different solution
If you cant tell Nobody cares about what you have to say. A person may not be able to spell but atleast they have the nuts to identify themselves and not give some lame excuse and be ashamed of what they say!

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
admin said:

This is the first time Ive read this thread. I met Mr. Merrell at a So Cal Broncos get together and hes an awesome guy. He has a good idea, (and many others Im sure) other owners liked it and thus hes selling them as a cheap, simple and effective way to keep our small blocks cool and people carry constructive criticism too far. Simple but to the point Admin.

U

Unregistered

hey Slyjki --- if you do not care why did you respond- by the way you cannot spell either- ALEAST is not a word

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
All right, this thread is becoming useless bickering. Please no more responses unless you are going to discuss the fender skirts that this post is supposed to be about.