• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Picked up my new M-101 trailer this weekend

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
73stallion said:
those are too cool, but what are you going to tow it with?

This for now:

20051204162837_PICT1985.JPG

House

Minutia Militia
00' Excursion Ltd, 4x4, V10, 7" Donahoe Racing Edge lift, 37" Iroks.

Sorry to go off topic, but how do you like that Donahoe lift Scotty?
Any pros or cons?

Last edited:

House

Minutia Militia
Does your X have 3.73's or 4.10's?
Did you notice a huge difference in power or mileage with the 37's?

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
House said:
Does your X have 3.73's or 4.10's?
Did you notice a huge difference in power or mileage with the 37's?

4.30s. Actually the X's only came with either 4.30s or 3.73s. I could stand to regear to be honest. I am planning on 5.13s sometime in the future. Mileage was effected by about 1.5mpg overall. I should be able to get 1mpg back with regearing though.

If mileage were a huge concern I wouldn't be daily driving a 7500lb Excursion. :)

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
As it stands now, I take so much junk camping that there isn't enough room for my dog, my wife and myself, so I end up trailering my bronco to the trailhead and leaving my truck/trailer there and then "make it work" until we get to the camping spot. So a trailer would be nice to have. I was considering finding an early 80's Toyota pickup that has the tie-downs already built into the side of the bed, then add my own on the bottom. I haven't made any progress on that, but it would be cool to have a soft tonnaeu for that and a topper. Then you could store some spare parts between the frame rails under the bed and then all the camping gear in the bed. Anyone done anything similar?

J.D.

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
74BroncoCO said:
As it stands now, I take so much junk camping that there isn't enough room for my dog, my wife and myself, so I end up trailering my bronco to the trailhead and leaving my truck/trailer there and then "make it work" until we get to the camping spot. So a trailer would be nice to have. I was considering finding an early 80's Toyota pickup that has the tie-downs already built into the side of the bed, then add my own on the bottom. I haven't made any progress on that, but it would be cool to have a soft tonnaeu for that and a topper. Then you could store some spare parts between the frame rails under the bed and then all the camping gear in the bed. Anyone done anything similar?

J.D.

Just so happens I have a decent back end of a Bronco tub and frame in my garage that would be willing to let go CHEAP! Would make a sweet trailer and it matches!

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Broncoholics said:
Just so happens I have a decent back end of a Bronco tub and frame in my garage that would be willing to let go CHEAP! Would make a sweet trailer and it matches!

That would be the best option, but I am not ready for a trailer right now. I have too many things I need to fix on my bronco before I worru too much about a trailer. Thanks for the offer tho!

J.D.