• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PICS ADDED. Florida Broncos (Richloam WMA test run)

ohpoo2

Contributor
If anyone is interested in a test run for the Richloam WMA we will meet at the circle K at intersection of 471 and SR50 around 9:30 am on the 16th of July. There are alot of different types of trail and alot of property there but it is new to me so if anybody know the best sections to run let us know. Hope to see you there.

Last edited:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Sounds like fun. going on a new trail. Perhaps in the future I will have a trail rig.

ebronco

Loc.
Apopka
Darren,

Who is going so far? Going to try to get mine fixed and may show up.

OP
OP
ohpoo2

ohpoo2

Contributor
richloam

Hey Jim, Butch and Jimmy are coming I believe and Fireman Chris with a couple buddys so far but have not told to many people yet. It word be great if you could make it. will let you know if I hear any more. Darren

Revelation

Bronco Guru
If I am down there for the weekend you can count me in. I still have not decided if I can make it down that weekend or not. Will let you know Darren.

fla67

I am gonna try to make it. Bronco needs a little work and I hope to get it all done before the 16th.

ucbronco

Loc.
Summerfield, FL
I'll be there for sure, maybe not with my Bronco though. Still waiting to get it back from being painted. I hope to have it back this week so I can start putting it back together. This should be a fun trip since we will be learning our way around for sure.

Butch

truck174ff

Loc.
st. cloud fl
I'll be there for sure, maybe not with my Bronco though. Still waiting to get it back from being painted. I hope to have it back this week so I can start putting it back together. This should be a fun trip since we will be learning our way around for sure.

Butch

What color are you painting it know?? Hopefully not pink. Lol I'll have me, my boys, and possibably two other heavy hitters.

ucbronco

Loc.
Summerfield, FL
I picked out 3 colors and told them to surprise me (none of the colors where pink). I replaced the fender,grill and windshield frame, they're trying to make my hood work for now. I want to try and buy a new steel cowl hood when NPD starts stocking them. I'll know what color it is by the end of the week. Are any of the guys coming with familar with Richloam?

Butch

thirdtime

Contributor
It sucks i'm out of town that weekend but I will pass the info on to Ron. He may want to bring one of his rides down.

OP
OP
ohpoo2

ohpoo2

Contributor
Thanks Brian, Thats what I was trying to do.

bhoffmeister

Count me in Darren. I know some of the trails and area in the WMA's in Lake and Sumter. I am unsure if you are allowed to drive the WMA's without a hunting/fishing license and WMA stamp. I will check on it.
Bill

OP
OP
ohpoo2

ohpoo2

Contributor
Great Bill, any info on trails and licenses would be great! Thanks.

bhoffmeister

I spent a little time talking to FWC today. Some areas require a FL WMA stamp, day use fee only, no fee at all, and some areas are closed. I did not have time to check out the rules and regs on www.myfwc.com concerning Richloam. I will research it later.

ebronco

Loc.
Apopka
I picked out 3 colors and told them to surprise me (none of the colors where pink). I replaced the fender,grill and windshield frame, they're trying to make my hood work for now. I want to try and buy a new steel cowl hood when NPD starts stocking them. I'll know what color it is by the end of the week. Are any of the guys coming with familar with Richloam?

Butch

I used to know Richloam a bit but its been years (7-10 yrs) since I have been out there.

What are you bringing if the bronco is not done? Not sure if mine is coming or not...thought of bring Excursion, with A/C....

ucbronco

Loc.
Summerfield, FL
I spoke with a FWC officer a couple of months ago and he told me that the areas we a concerned with riding are open. The northern parts are closed to any kind of mechinized traffic. The parts to the west side around Croom require a permit as well. The parts we will be traveling in are widely used by a number of different kinds of folks. I have a few friends who have also participated in the Land Rover rides in there and they have stated the same thing. The maps that are available have the areas shaded that do not allow vehicles. I belive a little common sense about where we are riding and we will be good.

Butch