• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pics of possible new bronco - fellow member needs input

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
That Bronco my friend is worth $2 per pound. AT LEAST even if it doesn't run ! There was a grey one on ebay a few weeks back that didn't sell but got up to $16,000 in bids. The owners reserve was not met. That red one looks like a nicer truck. Even if you paid $10,000 for it and had to spend another $5000 fixing it up , I believe you could still sell it and make $5000. I doubt very much you would have to spend anywhere near that to bring that back to like new condition. Look in our classifieds ( broncos for sale ) not too long ago someone posted one very original for I believe $30,000 with 205 miles on it. He is a member here with a new user name but I just can't remember who the heck it is. If you do not have the kind of money it takes to buy it, Go in halves with someone to buy it. Once you have it, you and that person can work it out later as far as who will buy the others half of the Bronco. Try not to let that get away. :)

I went back and found the ad. ;D
http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54996 and remember, this one doesn't have all the stuff the 76 bronco has.

69marquisragtop

Loc.
Roanoke, VA
Thanks to all who have chimed in with comments, they are much appreciated. If any of you have additional comments please keep them coming. I have an opportunity to buy this rig but wanted to get a feel for a price as is. I said earlier that I had made an offer and was countered with a near double price. It seems now that a price can be reached that satisfies both of us. Some of you have asked what my interests are with this find, dd, trail rig, etc. I have had six early Broncos in the past 6 years but never one like this one. While I would love to be able to hang on to this rig, I would probably do some careful gasket and seal replacements along with fluid changes, and offer it for sale to someone that has a place more suitable to store a rig like this. My garage allows room for storage and some for projects, but I need all the space I have. It's far too rare and far too nice to drive around town, and I can't imagine cutting on it for a trail rig.

Last edited:

awol_today

Contributor
If he balks at your offer, tell him it's low because of all the miles he took off it by backing across the parking lot when plowing! ;)

What a great find. You don't find 'em like that very often, so make sure you take advantage of it! I actually know of another in a VERY similar situation, but it is NOT for sale. That one is destined to slowly rot next to a lime green 71 mustang convertible (which is also not for sale :'( ).

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Get in touch with Jay Leno. I really don't care for the guy but one good thing I know he is doing is putting together a fantastic car collection that one day will be impossible to replicate. He has the means, the desire, and the crew to make this right. Ford motor company may even be interested.

Jeff in AZ

Bronco_46256

Loc.
Elkhart
Either Way---

This would be an excellent write up in Bronco Driver for all of us who would die for Broncos like this. Hidden, historical, stock etc....perfect candidate for a submission with the photos of it hidden back in the corner like it is.

The latest issue had the article about the Bronco found in the storage unit and it had more mile son it than this one.

bronco_46256

VTBRNCO

Loc.
Vermont
i'm drooling! If you take her home post pics of her after a good wash and shine so we can see that old girl in all her original beauty - would love to have that in my stable!!

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
You know what I'd love to see (and this is probably a pipe dream, but who knows). Have someone in Bronco retirement with lots of green, time, and climate controlled storage buy the truck. Rebuild to completely original glory and in the process completely document the rebuild online. It is a shame that so many have been messed with over the years that it can be hard to see where stuff went, how parts fit together from the factory, etc. To have an online rebuilding source or even a whole new book would be really cool!

You would think this truck would be worth gold to someone like one of the big vendors that does lots of restorations, but heck, maybe they pretty much have them down by now and have pretty much graduated from the learning process with them, now concentrating on new mods.

To me, that is the wonderful thing about our trucks, they are soooo simple. I knew only general wrench turning stuff when I got mine and have been slowly learning how to rebuild everything myself on the truck along the way (the only way to do it in my opinion). It's truly gratifying to take something from a neglected hulk and bring it back to life. Ok, sorry for stealing the thread for a bit. Hello, I'm 72_EB, and I'm a Broncholic. ;D I love Early Broncos! Happy Holidays to all by the way!

Last edited:

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
This Bronco would also be a prime suspect to do a complete tub measurement!!!!

Create a complete detailed schematic of the EB! Then a nutjob like me can start building steel tubs for Broncos for a living!!!!!!

GO BUY THAT RIG!!!!!

No pressure man!

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anybody have any updates on this truck? Did you get to buy it. Let us know.

Blue71

OP
OP
YelloTx73

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
I talked with Howard (69marquisragtop) not too long ago. He said that the bronco was not in his posession, but he and the owner were talking and he was feeling pretty good about reaching a deal, but that he had busy traveling on business. I havent heard anything since.

69marquisragtop

Loc.
Roanoke, VA
As YelloTx73 said, negotiations are in process. I looked at the truck again a week or so ago, and it might even be a little better than the pics show. I pulled the rubber floor mat back on both sides to reveal a red floorboard that shines like new money. The rear end still has handwritten factory markings on it (probably the VIN series but I didn't check for sure).
There is an issue with locating the title- the original may have been lost but it *might* be possible to obtain a duplicate, but we don't know yet. Any ideas on obtaining a title for a rig like this if none is found and a duplicate can't be obtained? I know that the state has a lot to with it, but I'm a little hesitant to say which state it's in just yet as there are a few watching this thread that haven't posted comments that are closer to this truck's location than they realize.
I'll keep y'all posted on the progress with this rig...

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
Its strage I havent seen this thread yet....

Even if the mileage isnt correct that thing is insane! Would definitely be worth picking up. Even with alot of mechanical probs from sitting.

Howard--You better get it before I find it and snatch it up ;D ;D ;D

Just kidding. Hope you can get ahold of it.

sbingham2

Loc.
Cedar Park, TX
Lost Title

If the person who currently has possession of the Bronco is the legal owner, obtaining a certified duplicate copy of the title shouldn't be a problem. In most states it costs under ten dollars. The owner just needs th VIN, a photo ID, and the proper form.

If the Bronco is legally owned by someone who has since passed on, the above can be done by someone with Power of Attorney.

If he's not the legal owner, things get more complicated, in which case he'll need a bonded title. A bonded title is more costly, and at least in Texas, is issues for only three years, at which point it has to again be reissued for another three years. If he has to take the bonded title route, do plenty of research in the state in which the Bronco is located. He may not legally be able to tranfer the title or sell the vehicle because the bonded title could possibly be contested in court by the true owner.