• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pictures of My New Luber - Complete With Crazy Story!

75 Ranger

Nice LUBr! I'm glad losing the wheel didn't get anyone hurt or the Bronco messed up. Enjoy the addiction. :cool:

Jonboy69

Hey Bond,
FYI, Wild Horses has the chrome bumperettes if you wanted to add them to the front bumper. i just added them to my new chrome bumpers.

OP
OP
ILikeBond

ILikeBond

BroncoBoy - yup, Phoenix. It was on the Broncograveyard.com classifieds too...
Jonboy - Yeah, that's on the list - but I found them about $50 cheaper on ebay! (Thanks to a member here PM'ing me...) ;D

Thanks for all the nice comments and advice everyone...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
nice bronco, looks a lot better with the crome bumpers. ditto on the rear bearings i don't know how many older fords i have had that lost rear wheel bearings, just something me or others really don't think about until it's too late

Jonboy69

Hey Bond,
Where did you find the chrome headlight rings ? I want to add them to mine since I put the chrome bumpers on.

OP
OP
ILikeBond

ILikeBond

Hope you like pictures!!

Little update here... I've been busy. :) I knew I wanted to get her topless and make her as safe as possible, so a roll cage was high on my priority list.

I found this on Craigslist -

rollcage.png

It seemed like a good deal what the guy was asking for it and from the picture, so I gave him a call to get a little more info. Turns out he makes these and had done this one for a customer, who had eventually gone back to him to get a family cage to replace it, trading this one back in. The guy repainted it (a hammered metal gray that looks fantastic on my gunmetal) and it was good to go.

Since he already sold it once, and made money on the family cage, he was asking a very reasonable price for it - maybe half of what it would cost to order from Protofab or another custom builder, especially because it has a double hoop, 4 overhead bars, spreaders, two setups for mounting accessories and--get this--a setup for filling the cage with compressed air and using it to run air on the trail, etc. :cool:

I also have to say - the quality of this thing is superb. It fit like a glove in my EB and did not require any modification to the parking brake. It also does not block the widow handles at all and allows enough access to the glove box that I can easily stick my hand in it. Very nice!

(I have the guy's card and will replace this sentence with his contact info when I can. He's a short distance outside Sacramento, CA).

The guy was about 2.5 hours from my house, so I told him I'd come up early on a Saturday to pick it up (for liability reasons he wouldn't install, so I wanted plenty of time to get back to my house and affix it permanently; and running with no top or other protection, I wanted to hit the least amount of traffic possible).

Earlier in the week I rigged up a lift and took the top off, storing it on my garage ceiling (working off great advice I found here of course!).

topoff1.jpg

topoff2.jpg

(btw, I have more pics of the process and setup for the lift if anyone's interested)

Here's how she looked topless! :eek: ;D :eek: ;D :eek:

005t.jpg

002xxh.jpg

007wuh.jpg

004qpa.jpg

003yty.jpg

Saturday morning, I left bright and early at 7:00 a.m. I only had a sweatshirt on, and it was a cloudy morning, so the ride turned out to be numbingly cold, which was fun. Was pretty scary to drive that long with no top or bar for protection (but not that scary %) ). When I got there, the guy and his father helped me load it on the bronco, and the guy generously cut me 1/8" steel plates to bolt it to below the floor. I had brought tie-downs since it wouldn't be bolted, but I didn't even need them, the fit was so excellent, it barely moved the whole way home. Here's some pictures at his place:

008pfq.jpg

010vdk.jpg

011dyv.jpg

009blb.jpg

012eaz.jpg

013ucc.jpg

And here's a few more at my home. I've since added a Tom's Bronco Parts bikini top; will post pictures of that when I have 'em.

014j.jpg

015xuj.jpg

018ymu.jpg

019rln.jpg

020ggo.jpg

021bld.jpg

And here's a nice closeup... Notice the wifey coming to check it out?? ;D

022wxi.jpg

BTW - the fold-in mirrors are new too! ;)

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
man, you are on fire with gettin it set up to suit your needs

great job, great look, and great deal on the cage

OP
OP
ILikeBond

ILikeBond

Summer's here! Gotta be on top of things. :) Luckily, I really have very little work to do compared to a standard 5-year restoration, etc.; at least for now. Seatbelts, headlight trim, warn hubs on the front... that's about all I have left planned for the time being.

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
You are in business now. That cage is really nice and looks great on the Bronco, I went with the same color on my cages.

Attachments

• mbrims3.jpg
    mbrims3.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 34
  • roll bar in1.jpg
    roll bar in1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 40