• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Piece of Mac2Night early bronco history came in the mail last week

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Well, after over 10 years of kicking myself for not buying more than one, a longtime EB friend (Drew Peroni aka: Broncitis) sent me a surprise gift from his personal collection of EB memorabilia.

In 1997 while attending the 10th annual Bloomsburg, PA Peterson's 4Wheel and Off Road magazine Summer Jamboree, the Special Events Performance Series honored me with their "Photographer's Choice" award (see photo below). During that event, several photos were taken (including those used in my September 1999 issue of Four Wheeler) and one was used in an artist drawing of an EB (certainly not by Chip Foose) for the 1998 Summer Jamboree's T-shirt they sold at the three day event.

While I had signed a waiver releasing the use of the photos (wish I had gotten a $1 per shirt they sold that weekend! :) ), I never received any word that my EB would be featured on a Jamboree shirt. I will never forget the joy and shock my buddy (Lanny) and I felt when we pulled into the fairgrounds in Bloomsburg and saw people walking around with my truck on their shirts (see photo of us wearing the newly purchased shirts in front of my former '76). In talking to the Event Series staff, they had looked at printing the Bronco in its original color of yellow, but decided on changing it to blue so it would show more details and in their words, "appeal to more Jamboree attendees". Hopefully, you can see from the award photo the similarities (Warn brush guard, Hellcat rims, high-back Nissan seats, black side mirror, TSL thornbird tires, etc.) that I sported on my EB at the time.

Lanny and I, being poor at the time, only got (1) shirt each, something I could kick myself over now) and we both wore them, what seems like daily because they were the only shirts we had with an EB on them. My shirt finally disappeared in a move and Lanny can't seem to find his either, but when I reached out to some friends that I knew attended the same Jamboree, Drew P. recalled owning the shirt and surprised me by sending it to me in the mail.

While this is more a personal celebration, I just wanted to thank Drew publicly and share a little EB history with my fellow EB brethren. Thanks Drew!

Attachments

• Bloomsburg shirt back.jpg
    Bloomsburg shirt back.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Bloomsburg shirt front.jpg
    Bloomsburg shirt front.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Photographer's Choice Award.jpg
    Photographer's Choice Award.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Mac and Lanny_Blmburg_1998.jpg
    Mac and Lanny_Blmburg_1998.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Mac, you're sort of like Waldo. Find a east coast bronco event and find mac. He's there! really just look and you'll find him.
This could be a game for your future grand kids!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I can only imagine the surprized look on your wife's face when she sees you wearing what she thinks is that ratty old t-shirt she threw out during the move.;)

That is pretty cool though.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Mac:

That is too cool! Thanks for sharing your history with us! And that Drew ain't a bad guy either... :)

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
gearida,

No, she's not with me anymore.

I bought it from the original owner (a literal 85 year old man) in Dooms, VA (just outside Waynesboro) in 1990 (it was a dark green metalic originally) for $2k and owned it for 11 years, but sold it to my brother-in-law in 2002 for a down payment on our first house (photo of it loaded up leaving my house in April 2002). He owned a gym in Harrisonburg, VA that went under and he lost it to the landlord in a nasty mess of legal stuff. That guy turned around and sold it to a guy across the mountain over near Crozet, VA. He completely redid it (see photo of its bad a$$ self in orange and black), won a few nice awards with it (Best Vintage Truck) I heard at the Carlise, PA Ford Show back in 2006 or 2007. It has been in Bronco Driver event shots in several issues and he is a member on this site. I have reached out to him a few times to just say "hey" but he has never replied back. Last I saw of it, about a year ago, he had it for sale on the Washington, DC craigslist for $40k. It has certainly lived a charmed life in my book.

I drove that truck as a daily driver every day I owned it and loved it as much as any Bronco I have ever owned (maybe more, but don't tell my current Broncos that ;) ).

How cool, I guess you no longer own that EB?

Attachments

• 107-0780_IMG.JPG
    107-0780_IMG.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 32
  • bronco_and_mustang_022.jpg
    bronco_and_mustang_022.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
It is in Culpeper, VA, and was at the MEB Hooters event a couple years ago on a trailer. Almost always at the Orange Cruise ins.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We might still have that T-shirt, I'll dig around and see if I can find it. We went to every Bloomsburg event from the 2nd annual up thru 2007. We've skipped the past 2 yrs to fund bronco-specific events. Its cool to know of someone who's bronco is on the event shirt.

Drew is a cool guy, would give you the shirt off his back, right?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Mac,

Glad to help!

I did not realize that was your old rig, I think it is a current MEB member, but can not match it to the owner off hand? I have seen it at Carlisle and Hooter's in the last couple years.

I have a similar story that maybe someone can help me out with. My Dad's 66 Roadster was featured on the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals shirt in 2006 as part of the Bronco 40th celibration MEB had there. Well, with all the work and excitement going on that week, neither my dad or I remembered to buy one!

I called the week after and all had been sold out!

If anyone has one they don't want, I'd love to have one!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
A buddy of mine went to that and told me all about the "old, square Broncos" that were there. I'll give him a shout and see if he has the t-shirt

Michaelv's69

Well, after over 10 years of kicking myself for not buying more than one, a longtime EB friend (Drew Peroni aka: Broncitis) sent me a surprise gift from his personal collection of EB memorabilia.

In 1997 while attending the 10th annual Bloomsburg, PA Peterson's 4Wheel and Off Road magazine Summer Jamboree, the Special Events Performance Series honored me with their "Photographer's Choice" award (see photo below). During that event, several photos were taken (including those used in my September 1999 issue of Four Wheeler) and one was used in an artist drawing of an EB (certainly not by Chip Foose) for the 1998 Summer Jamboree's T-shirt they sold at the three day event.

While I had signed a waiver releasing the use of the photos (wish I had gotten a $1 per shirt they sold that weekend! :) ), I never received any word that my EB would be featured on a Jamboree shirt. I will never forget the joy and shock my buddy (Lanny) and I felt when we pulled into the fairgrounds in Bloomsburg and saw people walking around with my truck on their shirts (see photo of us wearing the newly purchased shirts in front of my former '76). In talking to the Event Series staff, they had looked at printing the Bronco in its original color of yellow, but decided on changing it to blue so it would show more details and in their words, "appeal to more Jamboree attendees". Hopefully, you can see from the award photo the similarities (Warn brush guard, Hellcat rims, high-back Nissan seats, black side mirror, TSL thornbird tires, etc.) that I sported on my EB at the time.

Lanny and I, being poor at the time, only got (1) shirt each, something I could kick myself over now) and we both wore them, what seems like daily because they were the only shirts we had with an EB on them. My shirt finally disappeared in a move and Lanny can't seem to find his either, but when I reached out to some friends that I knew attended the same Jamboree, Drew P. recalled owning the shirt and surprised me by sending it to me in the mail.

While this is more a personal celebration, I just wanted to thank Drew publicly and share a little EB history with my fellow EB brethren. Thanks Drew!

Hey Mac,
Nice Shirt and a great piece of history from one old time enthusiast to another. And by the way, it is people like Drew who make owning an early Bronco worth it! Very cool gesture Drew. Michael V