• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pitman arm chart showing length, application, etc. IS there one somewhere?

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Anybody know of a chart showing pitman arm length, drop distance, application/part number chart?

Be great if we could just look at a chart to see what application we need to fit the space we have available or space we need...

I need a new pitman arm and can't find the source to show length needed before I can order one. Most guys just seem to pick one that "fits"... but that affects turning radius, drop needed, etc.

thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Never seen a comparison chart of factory arms. Might be one out there, but I haven't seen it.
It would of course also have to include size of the tapered hole as there were three just on Broncos, then the full size trucks, and maybe all the cars as well. Luckily Ford and some others did seem to keep the sector shaft the same size, so most of them happily attach to the steering box at least.

The ones for the full-size trucks from Rancho, Trailmaster and Superlift were shaped pretty similar to ours, with the same shape and length, but did have slightly different amounts of drop.
Most of the EB-specific arms seem to have the same shape and size, but that isn't what you're interested in it sounds like.
You're looking only for junkyard stuff?

Paul