• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pleae Help Fuel Inj. Guru's

CrazyHorse

Loc.
Clovis,Ca
have a 77 bronco 3.5" wild horses lift. 33's mickey II's All otherwise original. which fuel inj. wire harness,?Ron francis? good price 399.00? puttin in a 88 gt 302 in good shape. got the the chasis wired right! all stock and in good shape.need a new fuel tank, 20 plus gal and an auto pedal assembly( have the original 3 speed), Puttin in the aod that came with the motor... need a rad.! which one? aluminum or copper doesnt matter! live in clovis cal. 90% trail some driving to trail. Tagged as a 70 so emissions not a road block. STUCK!! please help! Got the money.need to get it running soon. gettin new motor mounts and sterring column w/ shaft and shift mech for aod. 2" body lift and fuel inj. plumbing taken care of as soon as I get the first part started. Fuel inj gurus please help. I'm gettin inpatient.(breathe)!!!

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
Well.... there was a lot in that there... I think the question was which harness.

If that was it, I would STRONGLY suggest the harness available from fordfuelinjection.com.. also available at BC Broncos. It is made by Ryan McCormic and it is top notch all original custom made all new harness.. it is not reworked.. it is not something you need to rework to get installed. It is SUPER clean and deigned for a bronco. It is about 450-500 depending on options.. but well worth it.

Plus the guy that makes them, Ryan, is a member here and posts a lot to help efi'ers.

I had a harness I got from am mustang and reworked it for my bronco... It worked well.. was messy and a little ugly.. but it worked. I didnt need to change it.. but after seeing Ryan's harness in person.. I bought it and installed it and its great. Instead of a bunch of fusable links (try to trouble shoot that!) he has fuses and relay blocks... go check it out for yourself at www.fordfuelinjection.com

OP
OP
C

CrazyHorse

Loc.
Clovis,Ca
But I thought that Ron Francis' harness was very clean and worth the coin as well? If not Im certainly open for alternatives. never heard of ryan or his products until recently. and I do need to purchase a harness this week!!!!!!! Are there any differences between the two?Pro's, Cons?The gas tank will be BC'S The fuel pump will be internal and I am looking for a clean look and durability.

Ryan

Loc.
Lansing, MI
Blah Blah Blah
My harness is on this page: http://fordfuelinjection.com/harness2.html
Also on that page is every other EFI harness made.
You can choose for your self.

Never heard of my harness, LOL pick up a Bronco Driver Mag lately?

I can't ship you a harness this week. they are hand built to the highest quality, not on a machine.

fire bronc

Loc.
iowa
I HAVE NOT BOUGHT RYANS HARNESS YET, BUT GETTING THERE, THE TECH SUPPORT RYAN HAS GIVEN ME TO GET TO THE POINT OF ORDERING THE HARNESS IS ABSOLUTLY THE BEST HE HAS HELPED A LOT ON FINDING SENSORS,TO LOCATING THE RIGHT COMPUTER,RYAN KNOWS FUEL INJECTION HE'S HELPED ME ALOT AND WITH NOTHING WANTED IN RETURN.CHECK HIS WEB SIGHT OUT. {THANKS FOR THE HELP RYAN}

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Looks like they covered the harness. Why are you changing the pedal assy.? The stock pedal can be reworked very easily to use a stock EFI cable. I don't remember exactly what I did but it only took about 5 minutes and is covered in a few of the EFI swap articles for EB's. (Might even be in the one on this site)

OP
OP
C

CrazyHorse

Loc.
Clovis,Ca
fuel inj. gurus,help

Ryan, thanks for the info. I need to talk with you about the harness to order and get things ironed out. I do subscribe to Bronco driver but dont get a lot of time to read it as I travel for PG&E 6 mos out of the year.(been in bay area 6 mos now and wiil be here another 3). as for the pedal assembly I just want a clean look and no extras like the clutch pedal in the way. i'VE SAT ON THIS PROJECT FOR 4 YEARS AND NOW IT'S TIME TO GO!!! So wire harness decided on, can I make a standard replacement rad. (Wildhorses, BC Broncos), work or do I need a gt 5.0 replacement rad ordered like the one DRIVEN Motor sports sells for the conversion? I will order the aod adapter from Advance this weekend for the 88 so thats taken care of. fuel inj. plumbing will be taken care of by a shop. also, I will be using shorty headers if that matters. No air but a compressor is in thought.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Re: fuel inj. gurus,help

CrazyHorse said:
Ryan, thanks for the info. I need to talk with you about the harness to order and get things ironed out. I do subscribe to Bronco driver but dont get a lot of time to read it as I travel for PG&E 6 mos out of the year.(been in bay area 6 mos now and wiil be here another 3). as for the pedal assembly I just want a clean look and no extras like the clutch pedal in the way. i'VE SAT ON THIS PROJECT FOR 4 YEARS AND NOW IT'S TIME TO GO!!! So wire harness decided on, can I make a standard replacement rad. (Wildhorses, BC Broncos), work or do I need a gt 5.0 replacement rad ordered like the one DRIVEN Motor sports sells for the conversion? I will order the aod adapter from Advance this weekend for the 88 so thats taken care of. fuel inj. plumbing will be taken care of by a shop. also, I will be using shorty headers if that matters. No air but a compressor is in thought.
OK, I see what you were getting at with the pedal. For the radiator a stock replacement will work but it requires running the lower hose across to the opposite side. A better option would be to get a radiator set up for this already or to have a stock one modified so the inlet and outlet are swapped to the opposite sides. Since I went the cheapy route using a piece of tubing across the bottom and buying a universal aluminum radiator I really am not sure what options are available from the Bronco vendors. I'm pretty sure Tom's Bronco Parts or All 4 Fun have a 4 core radiator that is set up for the EFI motors. You might also just find a local radiator shop that does quality work and have them build one for you. Usually the price will be comparable to a new one.