• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

plugging dipstick hole in the block

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Guys I picked up a new pan with the screw in dipstick for my 351w build. Problem is I have a block with the dipstick hole in the block..

How best can I plug the hole in the block and have little to now leakage going forward?

Can you tap the block or JB weld or?

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I plugged the hole on my 89 5.0 block with a small metal plug (sorta like a freeze plug or a galley plug). The engine guy I use had a box of them and knew what size it was. I used a little "Right Stuff" on it and tapped it into the block.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Cool! Thanks man
I plugged the hole on my 89 5.0 block with a small metal plug (sorta like a freeze plug or a galley plug). The engine guy I use had a box of them and knew what size it was. I used a little "Right Stuff" on it and tapped it into the block.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jcasey12

The little "plugs" are available at most any parts store ----- got mine from Napa.