• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

POLL: STAK vs. ATLAS

Which Transfer Case?

• Stak

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Atlas

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Other

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
X2

I think the main reason to go to a 3 speed with a auto is control.....Additionally getting a deep geared 2 speed is not the best decision..many people who have end up regretting it since only a small percentage of the time you need that deep gear., especially if you run in mud.

...X2....

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
I was thinking of the Stak or the Atlas. I saw a post when I first joined of a guy with a Stak that C notched his frame to make it fit. Maybe that was just to get better clearence I don't know. From that post I assummed that the Atlas t cases fit better. That doesn't seam to be the case.

What would I have to do to put a Stak 2 or 3 speed in with a 3550? How far does it hang down?

Thanks

IronBenderII

I love the atlas...

There are 2 things I don't like about the STAK. The size of the case and the fact that it doesn't come with a mechanical speedo capability.

Also, I have a friend that has one and he has a problem with it puking gear oil on longer highway roadtrips...

My Atlas fit in really well (it was originally designed for the Bronco) and was a fairly easy swap.

My .02.

Jack

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is an adapter required to mate the Atlas to a C4? If so, how much does it run?

Robert