• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

POR 15 Floorpan question

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
Just getting things together to POR 15 my front floorpans before I have the whole thing Linexed.
Could someone tell me how much POR I will need to give the front two floorpans 2 good coats?
Don't want to waste anymore than I have to.

Thank you for your time.

bobzilla

Loc.
Riverside, ca
one quart should be plenty. I just did the entire interior of my truck with one quart. I sanded through in a few small spots when I was scuffing it up for my bed liner so i know its not that thick.

chriswitt

1 quart will be more than enough. EASILY you can get away with a pint for floor pans. If u end up getting a QT only pour a small amount into a small container as directions state> then refrigerate the rest . You will eventually find the need for more. Make sure you prep it right! POR is a great undercoat that bonds great with Rhino and Line-X only if the prep and bond are right. I did both sides of my truck with one QT. my opinion would only be 1 coat though.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
A pint goes along way! I just did my frame with just over a half a quart for one coat. If you brush it on it goes a long way! I put the unused portion in a small mason jar and use a bag under the lid just to make sure i can get it off. The first pint i ever bought i had to poke holes in the lid to get the stuff out the second time! Stuff is like epoxy! The chasis coat doesnt brush on as well as the por-15 does and leaves brush marks. next time i may try to spray the topcoat.

ransil

Bronco Guru
contact linex first the linex bond is on as good as what is under it, I think they would prefer to spray on bare metal.
I would por-15 the seams getting as much as you can between the 2 metal pieces .

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Put plastic wrap between the lid and can when you reseal it, to keep it from welding shut.
Lacquer thinner will remove POR IF YOU USE IT WITHIN 2 HOURS. After that SANDPAPER!

lowpressure

Loc.
Shreveport, LA
just bedlined my entire rig myself with a poly based bed liner kit............had por15 on a lot of the seams prior to spraying. you can take a look at my build thread and see some pics from this week and the results.