• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Por 15

pyro fighter

Loc.
kennewick, WA
Any body used this stuff? Did you spray it? I'm thinkin about doing the inside of me bronco in this stuff (i have everything else stripped out right now but the carpet). I have used it before, but it was small projects and we rolled or brushed it on. That seems like alot of work when I do the inside of the bronco, so i was think ing about spraying it in. Any info and comments would be great.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Spraying it works fine. Way better than brushing. overspray on you is a bitch.

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
I sprayed my frame with it, You will want to get a top coat from them, POR-15 is not UV Stable and will fade quickly. They have a bunch of different top coats available.

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
cover every inch of your body... when that stuff gets on skin it takes about 1-2 weeks to get off without scrubbing your skin off.

Voice of experience here. I was a dalmatian for a couple weeks after I did mine

OP
OP
pyro fighter

pyro fighter

Loc.
kennewick, WA
Does the surface have to be totaly clean (i know the marine clean and all that) but i'm talking free of paint? down to bare metal? or can i give it a good sanding and spray over what paint is left?

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
It does not stick to paint well. I scuffed the paint in my fender wells and applied por and it is peeling.

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
better to have a paint free surface. Like it says on the can... it can't protect what it can't cover. So if there's paint underneath it... it's not bonded to the metal.

OP
OP
pyro fighter

pyro fighter

Loc.
kennewick, WA
Damn thats a lot more work, but if i'm gonna do it then I may as well do it right the first time. Thanks thats what I needed to know.