• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Possible BC 24 gallon tank mass buy!?! (was Help me decide on rear tank.)

OP
OP
airman

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can't believe I have to miss the stampede! I have the 12 gallon metal aux tank. Its pretty sweet.

Jeff in AZ

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Chuck's without a doubt. I just put his in a couple of days ago and it tucks right up in the frame nicely. If I lost any clearance in back it wasn't much but that is with a 3" body lift. I did need to modify the front track a little to get it up in there because it was 1/2" bigger than the space between the crossmember and the hitch. (It was either cut off part of the rail or cut off the hitch) The instructions say to drill and bolt the frame mounts and then tack weld them. I chose just to weld them in place.

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
How many does Tgure need? He might have snuck another sweet deal bronco out from underneath us

haha only need on with skid plate for now. Spending the least amount on the 74 just to get it safe to drive and maybe make the stampede.

I wish chuck carried a steel Aux tank I want one of those as well. ;D

GoFastCrackPipe

Loc.
Salem area
I'd be in for a mass buy on a tank and skid! I have both stock tanks, but the aux tank is inoperable, and filling up 2 to 3 times a week is getting really old. Especially when I have to gas up on my way to AND from the trails.

awol_today

Contributor
airman said:
I can't believe I have to miss the stampede! I have the 12 gallon metal aux tank. Its pretty sweet.

I'm not sure I'm going to make it either, actually. But, I'm pretty sure I could run up there to pick up a few tanks.

The 12 gal tank does look sweet, but I'm too cheap. I can buy a LOT of 5 gal. cans for that kind of money ;)

Man, what are we at now - 9? And not even a Mass buy mention in the subject...

SnwMnkys

Loc.
Orem, Utah
TJK74 said:
SnwMnkys
I did the exhaust myself, actually just finished is this last weekend but have a few more mods to do. Check out the tread below for a complete run down

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59099

Do you have any exhaust fumes coming up into your cab with the hard top on because of having the pipes point out back, I see you have turn downs which probably helps but the guys at the exhaust shop said not to run them straight back because i will get fumes in the cab, they said to have them out the sides instead, but i dont want them getting smashed by rocks.

Pretty sure BC Broncos ships these via UPS, i got mine at a place that gets UPS's insurance claims. I wont dare say for how much though ;D

Sharkman

Loc.
Austin, Tx.
I am absolutly in on a Mass buy for a tank and skid plate. Lets get this rolling ASAP, I'd love to have this installed before I go to Moab in late spring.

teqoso

Loc.
walnut creek,ca
I would be interested in Chuck's tank since my buddy could use mine in his rebuild. I might also be intersted in his efi fuel filter/accumalator. What is the price on this for the Mass Buy?

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I want another one. Bought one of BC's tanks about 6 months ago, and it was great. Easy install too. I want one for every Bronco.

joe

Bronco Guru
O-yeah

I was gonna call chuck today and order a tank and efi stuff but work wouldnt leave me alone. Id have to say that for once work didnt suck.YES Im in for the tank, skid plate and everything else I need for efi convertion. Thanks ;D