• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Possible Stroppe?

Mark@Wildhorses

Willie Stroppe put it best when he selected an absolutely BUILT red Bronco out of San Diego (can't remember the owner's name right now) to be the FFF Truck of the Year in 2005. He said that that truck best reflected his dad's vision of what a Bronco can be. I took that to mean that Bill Stroppe believed in building to race, to crawl, to enjoy, to love, and most of all to drive until the wheels fall off - not just for the investment.

I know, I know the answer, and the answer is................................ "AN"?

Oh, and just because it's not "Stroppe" colors, doesn't mean it's not a Stroppe ;)

Mark@Wildhorses

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can't remember his name...It was on the trophy, but I'm nearsighted and it was on the mantle all 06. Hhhahaha.

It is sorta yellow isn't it...

KuttySark

Loc.
Southern California
Found an old photo. Forgive the quality, I was using a Nikon. :-X

2005winner.jpg

Last edited:

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Actually, some Bajas came thru with the 3speed still on the tree. I know of 3 built in April/May 71. More of an exception to the rule, but they exist. Baja71's was this way and a 1-owner truck. BUt definitely look for an Auto as they were more common. Wide steel wheels are another less recognized(but by documentation more common) Stroppe feature. Post a pic when you get the chance!

Right you are Andrew...3 on the tree here!

Hope you find it's a Stroppe or Stroppified!

OP
OP
A

alpike99

sorry i found out i had to work over a week, so it will be another 8 days or so before i can look at it. but i will pass on any info that i gather when i finally see it. i was also told that it was a standard by the way. but i will quit talking about wat i have heard and wait and get some definite details next week. thanks folks for the replies. and for the person who asked if i was pike....yes i was. 1999-2004 at the university of southern mississippi

broncojack

Contributor

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yeah, from what some have been speculating is that this was a special ordered Baja. The Marti hasn't confirmed it as a "Baja Bronco Conversion", but if a ship to location can be determined, then it would be considered a special order baja and not a Kit Baja. My Tampico is a kit, since it's a 2 digit DSO. That eBay one may still be a kit, just installed on a Bronco that was a 6-digit special order for some OTHER reason. Knowwhattemean? Sometimes the Kits and oddballs are hard to document, even tho it's obvious they went thru the Stroppe shop.