• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

power Steering is sweet

BroncoBoy69

Loc.
Nome Alaska
Hey guys all that pestering on the board paid off i just got my power steering on last night and let me tell you it is a toataly diffrent rig now. put my 33 swampers on last night and you can still turn with your pinky just sitting there i love it. if any one needs help doing a F-150 kit im more than willing to help i figured my cost up last night i spent just over 600$ on all of it. thats with a 4By4 box with (junk yard)
a heavy duty delpi pump (wildhorse)
all backets(wildhorse)
Hoses and odds and ends (napa)

NoAZ68

Loc.
Northern AZ
Hello,

Congrats on the ps. I am getting ready to do the 4x4x2 conversion also, and I was wondering how you setup your steering column? I have manual steering with 3 on the tree. Did you cut and weld your steering shaft or install a new one?
Thank you for any advice...

72bronco

Bronco Guru
When I did my power steering conversion I replaced my 3 on the tree column with a later model automatic column. I had also converted to an auto tranny so it made sense for me to do this. I ended up cutting down the lower steering shaft and using a flaming river coupler to mate the shaft to the steering box. I have a Nissan box.

70bronco

Loc.
Kingsburg, CA
I've done the conversion also. I had already put a WH u-joint on my manual box. I just used the same one on the 4X4X2 box. Just cut your shaft to length.