• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Power Steering Pumps and Brackets

Dachy

Loc.
San Diego, CA.
So I have the Saginaw canned ham pump and the Ford stock pump. I'm assuming the bracket that I have on the Ford pump is what I need to use on the Saginaw, but I don't really know how to get it off of there and I don't wanna mess things up, I was hoping for some tips. Also, is this bracket going to even work, or will I have to fab something up?

Pics:

pspump1.jpg

pspump2.jpg

dc2

Loc.
Pensacola
Th e bracket will work, you need to pull the pulley off of both PS pumps to get the bracket off. If you don't have the puller you can get them at any auto parts store, usually you can rent it from them. If you don't want to use the sock bracket there are a couple of aftermarket options you can go with. Look on the Wild Horses website and they offer a nice one.
Hope this helps.
Daniel

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Pulley inside diameters are different if you are planning on swapping. They are not interchangeable. Stock stuff is not much use unless you are going to use the Napa upgrade. http://www.broncohio.com/tech/napapump.html The link does show the tools you will need no matter what you do.

Stock bracket will not work with that Saginaw. The Saginaw bracket will need other pieces if it will work at all. Easiest solution may be buy an aftermarket bracket from your favorite Early Bronco supplier and use the tensioning bracket from your stock setup.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Use the Napa pump part # and order it from your local auto parts. It is a rebuilt pump from Cardone a re-builder.

If the pump goes bad it is a order only. You might look at using a regular Saginaw and buying a bracket from one of the CB sponsors. I run the Cardone/Napa pump but I have a couple of spares I found at local wrecking yards over the last 2 or 3 years. They are rare and they are only used on Ford cars and trucks.

Bronchopper

Loc.
Incirlik, Turkey
Th e bracket will work, you need to pull the pulley off of both PS pumps to get the bracket off. If you don't have the puller you can get them at any auto parts store, usually you can rent it from them. If you don't want to use the sock bracket there are a couple of aftermarket options you can go with. Look on the Wild Horses website and they offer a nice one.
Hope this helps.
Daniel

fwiw i run this setup on mine. fits great. if ya want pics, lemme know.