• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Precise fuel pumps are garbage.need help

Builtnotbought0

Loc.
Belen NM
I ordered 2 of them..one for a back up..first one had ZERO suction..2nd one sounds like a bomb is about to go off...what can I run to oreillys or AutoZone or napa and buy ?? Please help
I've mounted them lower than the.bracket....shorter hose...etc...i think I've tried everything..im bout to toss both of em in the trash..time to try something else

Attachments

• 20180608_183013.jpg
    20180608_183013.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 70

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Find one made by Bosch or Delphi what sort of PSI are you looking for?

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Tons of recommendations for Bosh 69100.
HOWEVER.. They are not kidding about its placement and delivery. If fuel cannot gravity flow to the pump, it will be loud. If the fuel line is small or if your sending unit has some restrictions in the sock filter, it will be loud. I thought about 18" of hose going about 3-4 inches uphill from my sending unit to my pump would be ok.... I was wrong. I thought that 5/16 was close enough to 3/8 and wouldn't matter, I was wrong. I thought my sending unit was fine, I was wrong...

Currently I am running the pump that comes with the Fitech kit (reputation for being loud) and you only hear it when you first turn the key.

marshall godron

I’m also running the Holley sniper. Aero tank with the walbro intank pump. Love it. I just installed it a few weeks ago. So far so good. This week I’m heading out to do the rubicon I can give you a update on how it did when I get back;D I believe the external pump that Holley sells is also made by walbro. I ordered mine directly from walbro. It was a little cheaper n had free shipping

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Summit brand has re-badged Walbro pumps for about 25% less coin.

They are identical, I talked to two different Summit techs and they confirmed...its Walbro.

I run a 355lph pump intank w/4 pickups. Only here it before the engine starts...which is perfect.

Mine is also a frame mount that is mounted in the tank. The ONLY difference is the inlet/outlet....they are threaded so it's easy to connect lines to.