• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Preparing for another Crab Cage Mass Buy

Cage Options

• Family Cage from .120 HREW

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • Family Cage from .095 DOM

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Prerunner Cage from .120 HREW

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • Prerunner Cage from .095 DOM

Votes: 10 11.9%

• Total voters

crab

Bronco Guru
We are finally ready to get another mass buy together for our Crab Cages. I'm going to try to post a poll on some options we are toying with. I just need to know what you guys want and looking for feedback. I will be out of town til after Thanksgiving and unable to reply to emails until then. Here it goes......

Attachments

• family cage.jpg
    family cage.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 836
  • family cage II.jpg
    family cage II.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 838
  • family cage III.jpg
    family cage III.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 835
  • prerunner cage.jpg
    prerunner cage.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 834
  • prerunner cage II.jpg
    prerunner cage II.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 832
Last edited:

brian72

Early Bronco Student
post a pic of the family vs the prerunner cages...that might help...

But I am IN for the mass buy...

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
i like the above pic, but won't work for me exactly like that
is there a way to use the front cage and have it stop/mount to the wheel tubs rather than the rear floor?

i've been talking to a guy locally about welding me up one, so this might just be for me :D

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I say .120 Wall DOM, in that bitchin new Rock Crawler cage. I want my stuff to hold up to a LOT of abuse. (Scotty's latest experience was pretty sobering for me, and I'm sure a lot of others) Let's look into a bombproof cage.

injected74

Loc.
Lexington, KY
I think I'm down for one of those prerunners. So much cool triangulation ;) . Plus it looks like something out of "Deathrace 2000".

eds66bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Essex, Vermont
what is the timeframe for this buy? i've got two guys plus myself that might be up for it this spring (april/may) if there are more guys in the VT, NH, Mass area, we could split shipping or try for a central shipping point to save costs. i know for me 05401 zip code was almost as much for shipping as the cage costs. what will the prices be for the family cages?

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Gummi Bear said:
I say .120 Wall DOM, in that bitchin new Rock Crawler cage. I want my stuff to hold up to a LOT of abuse. (Scotty's latest experience was pretty sobering for me, and I'm sure a lot of others) Let's look into a bombproof cage.

I hear that! Crab I'm in for a Family Spyder Cage with all the goodies and options so put me on the list. ;D Would love to have front and rear seat mountings set up for either beard or Mastercraft seats along with some harness mounts and grab handles. Built in air tank option in the rear hoop would be awesome, I have one in my current Hanson cage and it comes in quite handy. A glove box notch would be cool, with a dash speader bar it doesn't take much away from the strength of the cage. Ive got one my hanson cage as well so if you want to see some pics let me know. Some frame tie ins would be a great addition as well. I guess its time to put my Hanson Cage up for sale. ;D ;D ;D

Last edited:

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
I would like a family cage made with .120 DOM with all the options. (front seat mounts, rear seat mounts, dash bar, and gussets). Then I would like it shipped unassembled to zip code: 85749 ;D

Bronx

kuch68

Loc.
Waterford, MI
I am looking into a cage right now as well. I would probably be up for the family cage (would need to see the price difference to decide between HREW and DOM) without seat mounting points. Also would want shipped unassembled to 48329.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
kuch68 said:
I am looking into a cage right now as well. I would probably be up for the family cage (would need to see the price difference to decide between HREW and DOM) without seat mounting points. Also would want shipped unassembled to 48329.

Safety is cheap at any price.

How about examining the strength of the tubing rather than the cost? You want to explain to St Peter that you're there to meet him because you saved $100?

All kidding aside. The way that DOM is made makes it considerably stronger than it's REW counterparts. It will take a lot more abuse, and resists buckling much more than other tubings. It's worth the extra money.

teqoso

Loc.
walnut creek,ca
I'm interested in a family cage with the front and rear seat mounts, front spreader bar and frame tie-in setup. When is this planning to go on. Holidays are here and my wife and I are expecting our first in the spring so I need to start planning the things i need to finish the truck. Safety first for the little one.
How much and when?

GaBronco

Loc.
South Ogden
Gummi Bear said:
Safety is cheap at any price.

How about examining the strength of the tubing rather than the cost? You want to explain to St Peter that you're there to meet him because you saved $100?

All kidding aside. The way that DOM is made makes it considerably stronger than it's REW counterparts. It will take a lot more abuse, and resists buckling much more than other tubings. It's worth the extra money.[/QUOTE

Not understanding why someone would skimp on a "FAMILY" cage. Anything designed to protect my family and friends is worth saving for a little longer.
Id like to see the RockCrawler Cage or the Prerunner Cage from Saddleup's thread in .120 DOM.

Just so you know
HREW=Hot Rolled Electrically Welded
DOM=Drawn Over Mandrel

Nathan

74bob

Loc.
Broomfield,CO
I'd be in for the family cage but has to have access to rear seat for my 2 grandson's to ride along with their papa. ;D ;D ;D

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree with JaxLax, i'd like to have the rear support terminate into the wheel well, leave room for the toolbox.