• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pressure plate bolt size

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I just bought a clutch, flywheel, and fasteners from Summit. They list 5/16" pressure plate bolts so that's what I ordered. The new flywheel is threaded for 3/8" but every listing for 302 pressure plate bolts shows 5/16". What gives?:( What are your 302 pressure plate bolt sizes??:?
Nevermind, I located the correct holes on the flywheel.:-[ It has a lot more holes than an origonal eq. one.

Last edited by a moderator:

fordtrucksrule

well it can be either or. on my old 302 it has 5/16 bolts but when i redid it the new fly wheel had both 3/8 and 5/16

red hot71

Loc.
kent wash.
I think presure plate bolts are special bolts so be aware of there differences. If I remember there not threaded all the way there clearanced for the thickness of the presure plate.

OP
OP
blubuckaroo

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I think presure plate bolts are special bolts so be aware of there differences. If I remember there not threaded all the way there clearanced for the thickness of the presure plate.

Yes, the clutch instructions warns you about the special bolts. You wouldn't believe the number of part stores where the goober just point you to their display of standard bolts.%) I might go that route just to make it home but do people actually ignore a warning like that??:?
The motor shop will be open today. They really shouldn't be that hard to find since 3/8" is the standard size for a Chevy.