• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pretty cool picture my gf took.. thought I'd share

Bullitt94

Loc.
Marshfield, WI
Correct... thats for the rear passengers to be able to climb in... If you notice, only the rear hoop is double enforced in the picture... now the middle hoop is also reinforced, and there is a small bar bracing the two "V"s so they can't sandwich together in a roll over.

I figured it was something along that line. Thanks for the clarification, fellas.

MartyG

Bronco Guru
Great pic...lucky guy on two counts.
Lemme know when you two set a date...I'm a DJ. ;)

barronj

Bronco Guru
I appreciate you sharing- that's a great shot.

However, whenever I see someone so beautiful as she, I have to pause & remind myself- no matter how hot she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit.

No offense bud! I'm sure she's a gem!

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Nice rig. where's the pics of the motor out and trans on the ground?

OP
OP
hollowch

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
Nice rig. where's the pics of the motor out and trans on the ground?

Here ya go. This time I'm going to actually REMOVE the paper towels from the intake ports before I bolt it back up and try to start it ;]
photo-4.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
a dog's life
all that started from a ticking sound from motor?......

OP
OP
hollowch

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
a dog's life
all that started from a ticking sound from motor?......

Yes... but at the time, a ticking sound might as well have meant a time bomb to me, because I literally knew nothing about how an engine worked.

It's been a great experience... however, yes it was all onset by a lifter tick... which turned into improper torquing of rocker arms... which led to me inadvertently leaving paper towels in the intake ports when resealing the intake manifold... which led to no compression on half of my cylinders (bc paper had clogged the intake valve seats)... which led to me thinking the engine had cracked... which led to me tearing the whole thing apart..

Good times =]

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Good thing for the members here to help you get thru it all. You'll have your rig back on the road in no time.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
awesome pic, I am looking to get some pics and filter them too

obviously your gf is very beautiful............but a pet peeve of mine is the oversized sunglasses that women wear these days...........impossible to appreciate their hidden beauty

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
very cool pic !!! What type of camera did your GF use?