• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Preveous owner gives me such a headache

jaydub01

Loc.
Daytona Beach, FL
Im pulling off the dashpad to clean up the dash, and build a diamond plate replacement for it, and i cant get the screws on the back of the pad. I know your supposed to fold down the windshield, but somewhere during the broncos life, before she was under my control, the windshield was permanently fused with the body. the hinge is still there, but the windshield frame is stuck in mid air. Im definitly gonna toss the pad, so anyone got any tricks to removing the dashpad without dropping the windshield frame? Please help me before i do something stupid

66horse

Bronco Guru
Without running outside to see.. what is the problem? Is it getting to the screws?

Would a screwdriver with a 90 degree bend allow you to get to it?

They sell these... or you can heat and make one.

If this is not the issue... disregard!

Steve

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
The only other way is to remove the whole dash assembly with the pad attached. Or cut hack break and cuss until it comes out in pieces ;D

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I would use this as an opportunity to have some fun with the sawzall. You don't care about the pad, so have at it. I really don't see how you'll get it out without breaking it into pieces since you can't fold the windshield down.

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
It will come out if you take the whole dash with it. Unbolt the dash, Move the dash back and you can get to the screws on the pad. SUX but it can be done like that.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i cut the dash pad out of mine. it took over an hour and was a pain in the a$$. i still have pieces of metal sticking out from between the dash and windshield, so it looks like crap. when i eventually fold the windshield down, i'll take the rest out. you have to mutilate the dash pad to get to the metal reinforcement. i didn't care, mine was already trash.

edjolly

Loc.
Denver Colorado
When I pulled the dash on mine to do the Centech, those screws actually held the dash to the windshield support. If that's the case with yours, I'm afraid the only way you can get the dash or dashpad out without dropping the windshield is with a flexible sawzall blade. I don't see it being pretty. I left those damn screws out when I put the dash back on, btw.

Ed