• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project "Bom Chicka Wah Wah!!"

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the comments guys. I've got installation pics if anyone is interested.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
you putting the "ass, gas or grass no one rides for free" sticker on there too? ;D ;D ;D

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
Only flat rock for this pavement pounder!

>>>> that's pretty much what mine does most of the the time & here in houston you need bumpers ... The truck & cars with setups like you've created cause all kinds of damage from a even a sub 5mph love tap in a parking lot or in traffic....I even moved the spare tire off the body to the bumper for that very reason & it's a good thing because I've been lightly hit in the rear with no damage besides the paint on the bumper

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow that is SLICK! I'll have to save that pic for future ideas too.

my77rox

Gorgeous! But am I the only one who teared up a just a little when he said he had to trim his frame horns to do it? I hope you never decide to put a bumper back on, that will be a total PITA... mine was welded on to bent frame rails when I got it and that was bad enough! Maybe someone needs to make a bumper out of 1/4" or something that looks like that... ;D BR

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
So I guess the LUBR idea went out the window?

Yeah, it went out the window. I thought I could make it work with a 1"BL and some trimming of the fender lip. I went so far as to weld in the replacement fenders and take it for a spin but barely made it down the street before it rubbed. I thought about upgrading the wheels to something skinnier but then I'd also want to go bigger on the tires and my garage has less than 1" clearance now so that idea wouldn't work either. So it was back to cut fenders.

For all those asking for installtion pics I'll get some up tonight. All the pics are home and need to be resized.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
man that looks awesome, that is the sweetest rear i have seen all day and when you live in Hawaii that is saying somethin.:eek:
Nice work but the only statement that will bring in in Hawaii is a court date...

Roll pans here don't go to kindly with the police and DMV.. You"ll get a ticket and a court date to prove that you went to the recon (reconstruction office) to get it checked if it was built properly meaning that there is a DOT bumper under it.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
me gusta mucho, my friend...lol. that's a pretty smooth looking bumper. i won't doubt it if all the yuppie bronco driving guys in southern california will have their rear end modified like yours. ;D

PS. I'm in Southern California, but far from being a yuppie. More like a struggling high school teacher.:eek:

73ny

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New York
Nice, one of the best mods I've seen on an EB for sure.....

Last edited:

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
Yeah, it went out the window. I thought I could make it work with a 1"BL and some trimming of the fender lip. I went so far as to weld in the replacement fenders and take it for a spin but barely made it down the street before it rubbed. I thought about upgrading the wheels to something skinnier but then I'd also want to go bigger on the tires and my garage has less than 1" clearance now so that idea wouldn't work either. So it was back to cut fenders.

You seem pretty handy with a welder...why not go for the Bax cut on the rear 1/4's? Open the stock fenders up a bit to clear the 12.50's. Would be pretty sick with that rolled rear. Just sayin'.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
You seem pretty handy with a welder...why not go for the Bax cut on the rear 1/4's? Open the stock fenders up a bit to clear the 12.50's. Would be pretty sick with that rolled rear. Just sayin'.

Yeah I thought about that real hard but in the end I don' think I've got the skills to pull that off. Maybe next year's project if I get Bronco A.D.D. again. I did save the cut outs, just incase...:-X