• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Grabber Orange

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
I used Aircraft stripper to remove the bed liner on the one I'm currently working on. Then a wire wheel to finish removing the small stubborn areas.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I still can't believe how wonky that steering was. I can't believe anyone would ever sell something like that. Glad you're making it safe.

attachment.php

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Just think,ole denny even sprays inside the doors on some his restromods!!!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
i don't know your new steering looks too straight;D nice job on the progress

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Finished refurbishing my gauge cluster today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363715881283.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363715881283.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
That looks great. Mind if I ask what you did? I have 2 I need to refinsih.

All of my gauges worked so I didn't have to address any mechanical problems.
I used aircraft stripper to remove the black paint from the bezel. It's polished aluminum underneath the black.
Painted the needles with Testers fluorescent orange model paint.
Stripped, sanded, primed, and painted the gauge faceplate with argent silver. I used a VHT paint just because it was all I could find in that color.
Sanded the center aluminum piece with some 2000 grit paper and then polished it out with Mothers.
The white overlays came from TBP. That's pretty much it.

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Your exactly right. Considering the amount of sand that was inside the cluster from someone blasting.

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Getting closer to finishing the trail doors. Still got to build the hinge assembly.
4e5eta8y.jpg

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Looking good! This thing has improved a ton! So how did you discover that it's a Sport?

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Looking good! This thing has improved a ton! So how did you discover that it's a Sport?

I didn't. I simply like the emblems. I am quite sure it was never a ranger. I have a Marti report but it doesn't clarify.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I didn't. I simply like the emblems. I am quite sure it was never a ranger. I have a Marti report but it doesn't clarify.

They are nicer emblems, regardless. I saw your pic with the side markers installed, and I have to say it looks great with them. Keep up the good work! :cool:

OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Finally got the Beast on the road today. Have been working all winter. new wiring, new HEI dizzy, new F250 Shock towers, lots of odds and ends. The first time since a bought it that we could make a safe trip without any mechanical failure. I do have a leak in the radiator but have ordered a new 2 core champion to replace it with.