• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Sweat Equity: 2012 Bronco... some assembly required!

OP
OP
Modman

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
Thanks

Van, I'm looking forward to seeing this come together. You always build some cool, cutting edge stuff!

Thanks Drew! We are looking foward to completing it too! It's a big undertaking, but I'm excited about the pontential outcome. If it comes out anywhere near what I have in my head it's going to be awesome!

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
way C :cool: :cool: L !!!
Do you know Herman aka " NY-Bronco" ??... looks like you 2 have the same dream !!!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Wow, just amazing. This Travis Hunt guy is gonna be one lucky SOB. ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
[QUOTE For those of us not in the know; what's your business? Are you a custom Bronco building shop or equipment vendor, etc.? Do you have store front or online presence? What kind of Bronco services do you offer? Or is all of this just really slick personal/private business stuff?

My business is Tumblin Automotive, you may have seen our add in Bronco Driver or some articles on our builds. I own a general repair shop, but have been building Broncos on the side for years. Our specialty is late model drivetrain. I enjoy doing the seemingly impossible, we have done everything from a Powerstroke to now this. This is the first year we started building Broncos full time. Anything from stock to as crazy as you want custom builds. We also did the engine & transmission install in the Bronco Driver Project Screamin Demon. I hope to have a website up soon, as we do offer products for all late model drivetrain installation. Here's a pic of our adapter for the 6R80 to an Atlas. We also offer the adapter for the Dana 20. The motor mounts we sell will also work on the coyote.[/QUOTE]

Love it... :)

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
*Drool*! This one sure will be fun to watch come together...;)

OP
OP
Modman

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
way C :cool: :cool: L !!!
Do you know Herman aka " NY-Bronco" ??... looks like you 2 have the same dream !!!

Yeah, I've talked Herman & Jay about his build. There are several builds on here that have bought products from us. Within the next couple of months I hope to have answers to most all the question concerning the Coyote. We have a toned down Coyote build about to start which will also run the 6R80, but all the other drivetrain will be mostly stock.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is AWSOME!!! So your asembling a whole new body with parts from one of the venders to?

frenchy

OP
OP
Modman

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
Don't try this at home!

This is AWSOME!!! So your asembling a whole new body with parts from one of the venders to?

frenchy

Yes, we are assembling a new body. It's not quite as easy as I once thought! It takes a lot of time to get the body lines and door gaps right, especially with aftermarket sheet metal!

Attachments

• Travis Hunt Bronco 236.jpg
    Travis Hunt Bronco 236.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 521
  • Travis Hunt Bronco 294.jpg
    Travis Hunt Bronco 294.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 562

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Yes, we are assembling a new body. It's not quite as easy as I once thought! It takes a lot of time to get the body lines and door gaps right, especially with aftermarket sheet metal!

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!
need to know !! how much ??

OP
OP
Modman

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
Progress

Any updates?

We are getting back to this project now. Waiting on the coilovers, wheels, & tires to come in but we have the rear links and mounts done. Now we are working on the front links and exhaust, we already have the headers made. It's going to be tight to get a 4 link in the front but I think we are going to be able to make it work. Here are a few recent shots.

Attachments

• 100_1481.jpg
    100_1481.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 522
  • 100_1477.jpg
    100_1477.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 513
  • 100_1541.jpg
    100_1541.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 490
  • 100_1557.jpg
    100_1557.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 531
  • 100_1556.jpg
    100_1556.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking great Van. If you keep posting these great "progress shots" you are going to cost me some fuel to make a little road trip :)
kb

OP
OP
Modman

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
Road Trip

Looking great Van. If you keep posting these great "progress shots" you are going to cost me some fuel to make a little road trip :)
kb

Come on down! If you hurry you still may be able to get in on our free sauna especially if I could put you to work!