• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

proportional valve inlet sizes?

harrybar

I have 1976 Bronco with disc front and drum rear brakes and the original proportional valve. I had new lines made that go from the master cylinder to the Proportional valve and found that my new fittings at the proportional valve do not fit. I saw posts saying Ford used non-standard fittings and found replacement steel lines advertized that will fit the OEM proportional valve, but I can't find the size. I would like to get adapters so I can use my lines that look like the originals.

DJs74

Bronco Guru
fitting sizes

Do you have a set of calipers? If yes, you can measure the diameter of the port and then search the internet for brake fitting sizes. usually they will give the nominal diameter, then the correct thread size

see attachment example below

Attachments

• threaded fitting sizes.gif
    threaded fitting sizes.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
H

harrybar

The holes are approximately ½” and 7/16”. That is the same size as my fittings. It appears the thread pitch is different. I do not want force my fitting into the hole and damage the threads. One of this site’s vendors sells a proportional valve. In their ad they mention “The fitting kit (sold separately) has the adapters to allow for custom line fitting with common hard lines that can be found at local auto part stores” That is exactly what I need. I want to know what the specs are for this adapter.

OP
OP
H

harrybar

The smaller hole in my proportional was 3/8"-24. I had the fitting changed on my new line and all is well.