• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Purist, Throughbred ,Andrew , Todd Z ????

jabshire

Contributor
Loc.
Crimora
I seem to have a discrepancy in paint color under the left and right front fender wells. Passenger fender looks to be body color with some light undercoating over it.

On the Driver fender side the paint is the rust brown paint that is present under the rest of the bronco. This is not to be confused with the red oxide paint color most of us are used to seeing. Its definitely several colors off. This brownish color paint is on the bottom of the floor pans from the front of floor boards to the rear including rear wheel well. Any thoughts on what should be correct here.. Why is one inner well body color? and one rusty brown? April 13,1973 build date

Attachments

• driver fender 21.jpg
    driver fender 21.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 191
  • fender color.jpg
    fender color.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 207

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow, I don't know the answer to your question...but April13, 1973 was my 16th birthday! So if you decide to sell this one, I might be your guy! ;)

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Any repair history on this Bronco? Seems odd they would be different.

OP
OP
jabshire

jabshire

Contributor
Loc.
Crimora
That was my first thought. Both wheel tubs look factory. Spot welds seem consistent and unmolested. Doesn't look like it but still a possibility I guess.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That rust-brown color is what would be original underneath the bronco you have. Interesting you found some grey primer underneath that wheel tub. I haven't seen that...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That rust-brown color is what would be original underneath the bronco you have. Interesting you found some grey primer underneath that wheel tub. I haven't seen that...

You just never know w/the PO's..

OP
OP
jabshire

jabshire

Contributor
Loc.
Crimora
Thanks Andrew. I had the brown "color matched" on an area of the floor that retained good paint. May need to tone down the sheen but color was dead on.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good plan! I've done the same recently - never had a good enough sample...