• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Q jet electric choke electrical fitting (what do I need to find)?

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I am using a Q jet four barrel carb on my Bronco. I am not familiar with these at all. The electric choke has a strange electrical fitting that I need to find, not sure what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3262.jpg
    IMG_3262.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3263.jpg
    IMG_3263.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 31

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
female spade connector probably wire size 12-14. Get a heat shrink kind that seals, just makes it seem better . That wire then runs to hot side of ignition switch to be powered anytime key is on or start.

Cant really tell is that male part bent over 90 degrees? Never seen that.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good job EPB72, looks like you nailed it!

I didn't know there was an automotive repair connector website out there, got it bookmarked now.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
It is definitely bent at a 90.

EPB72, you did nail it! Thanks for the link as well. I will see if the locals have one first, now that I know what it is.
I appreciate the help guys!
Have a good one!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Yes that's it, I had one in place from the previous electric choke carb fortunately.