• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Question about factory seam sealer.

landshark99

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Montrose, Colorado
Iam about done cleaning the underbody and frame and have stripped off most of the undercoating and factory seam sealer from the engine bay, some of the joints and other places. Do I need to replace the sealer or should I just go ahead and apply chassis saver to the body panels and make sure i get the joints real good?

I know the sealer can hide some rust and if moisture gets under there its bad news so I assume dont add new seam sealer but coat the entire underbody with a good sealer and call it a day.

In some places where ford smeared that putty stuff to seal holes should i replace that with something similar or again seal it with a coating and make sure I get the gaps?

Thoughts?

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Montrose, Colorado
awesome thats what I will do.. I will finish prepping the surface, wipe it down, degrease and use some good seam sealer then cover.

Last edited: