• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Question about the Wild Horses "Seal & Gasket Kit for use with Dana 20"

ren71

I need to purchase the elusive double lip adapter housing seal #26074TA for my C4 rebuild.

Wild Horses sells one for $12, part #8524,
but they also sell a gasket seal kit that comes with 2 output shaft seals and one input in their #8526 kit for 29.99. If it comes with the seal I'd rather buy the kit while I'm at it.

I called and tried to verify if the double seal comes with the kit but the guy I spoke to on the phone couldn't see a parts breakdown for the kit in his computer. And I don't want to have to pay to send it back, restocking fee etc.

Anyone know for sure? Dirtdonk?

Thanks!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...Anyone know for sure? Dirtdonk?

Uh... No?:-[
Hah! Probably the same seal, but I can neither confirm or deny that rumor. Especially since we call it an "adapter housing" seal, but call the one in the kit an "input shaft" seal. I think that's the same thing, but might need someone more intimately familiar with the 20 to verify.

However, to address one thing you mentioned, under circumstances like that, if it's something you can't use because our info was lacking, there is definitely no restocking fee. And under certain circumstances (like if we told you it was, but it wasn't), we'd even pay the shipping back to us. Don't always do that for returned parts (and certainly don't like it!), but like I said, under certain circumstances...

I called and tried to verify if the double seal comes with the kit but the guy I spoke to on the phone couldn't see a parts breakdown for the kit in his computer.

Hmm, wonder if it was near the last hour or so of the day here? If so, and we can't find the info in our computer, it's hard to get someone in the warehouse/shipping department to break away from their duties to grab one off the shelf and bring it to the front for us to inspect. Pretty hectic for them in the later afternoon sometimes. And the guys on the phone don't always have the opportunity to break away either, to go get one themselves.
Other than that though, I'm sorry they didn't offer to do just that. We should be able to verify it easy enough when those options are open.

I won't be there tomorrow, but maybe you can call again and ask if they can check for you? I'll be there Saturday for the swap meet though, so can check then if for some reason you don't get your answer through normal channels.
If no joy tomorrow morning, give me a jingle at 408 398 7170 and I'll see if I can dig it up.

Paul

OP
OP
R

ren71

If you can verify when you get a chance that'd be great. I'm still waiting for the rest of the C4 rebuild parts from Florida anyways.

Thanks Paul,
Ren

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Where'd ya go Duffy?
If your seal has the same part number that ren needs (26074TA) then you both would be good to go.

Anyway, guess I'm up...
On the phone now with buyer/builder-of-kits/guru and he's going to go grab a kit and verify.
Letcha know what I find out.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok, same part ren. You're good to go either way.

Now I'm going to put a little bit of extra info on the web pages in question to keep us from having to remember this in the future.
Thanks for bringing it up.

Paul

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The part I had wasn't the same, I went and bought the seal. You guys should just include it in the 4R70W kit.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for taking the time! Ordering it now.

Great. Sorry it took long enough to put another weekend delay in the mix. Although it'll probably get processed tomorrow (we're in the house for the first annual swap-meet/party/Bronctoberfest) there won't be any UPS or USPS pickup.

Should ship Monday for sure (assuming we have them in stock, that is. Which we should...) and if you need it in a hurry, UPS or ON-Track will have it there likely the next day.
Since it sounds like you're not in a big rush, you could specify USPS which will ship Flat-Rate or Priority and be there in a couple of days, but cost half as much.

If you did not specify in the message box on your order, give us a shout out on Monday, or send an e-mail to sales@wildhorses4x4.com to let them know you'd like to change it from UPS to USPS instead.

Thanks

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The part I had wasn't the same, I went and bought the seal. You guys should just include it in the 4R70W kit.

So you didn't get the #8526 kit, but got the 4R70W adapter kit? I've heard (in discussions here, I think) that they don't have that same seal included. How often is that a problem with leaking?

Guess that's another thing to call them about to see if it can be changed at their end. Timing being everything sometimes, naturally nobody is going to be there or be doing anything meaningful for a week or two, since SEMA is right around the corner.

I'll put it on my list of things to ask when they get back.

Paul