• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Question on reaming knuckles

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Yeah well I am a house-husband and former jr high math teacher and built mine too ;D ;D

Come on Mark stop stirring the pot!

Josh,
That pink one is a trailer queen and the beast is a rock crawler. That means neither will spend much time on the road anyway. They can both be boot-legged and get away with it.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Josh,
That pink one is a trailer queen and the beast is a rock crawler. That means neither will spend much time on the road anyway. They can both be boot-legged and get away with it.

Actually the Beast is getting a 5 speed OD unit and a doubler 203/205 t-case in the next 2 months so I can cruise the hiway and still get out in the rocks and play. I cant wait till I have 4 levers on the floor to freak people out! Also ditching the spool and putting in an ARB in the rear if Eaton/Detroit ever warranties the unit that exploded on me. So it will see plenty of street time too ;D

Cant wait!

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I'm not on here to start a debate, I built my own heim steering on my bronco and have built several vehicles from the ground up with no issues. If you do your research, like most of us on this site is doing and like your self blubuckaroo, you will wind up with something better than the OEM manufaturers did.

I am talking about putting a stock part back on a stock vehicle. I knew going into this that the weld would harden the steel, but I have never used a reamer and was wanting to know if it was because of welding it was hard to ream or I was not doing it properly. I'm not welding a piece on to my knuckle, I as stated in the before post, filled in the wallowd out hole from the previous owner.

Thank you for you input and concern about all of our safety blubuckaroo,

David

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Actually the Beast is getting a 5 speed OD unit and a doubler 203/205 t-case in the next 2 months so I can cruise the hiway and still get out in the rocks and play. I cant wait till I have 4 levers on the floor to freak people out! Also ditching the spool and putting in an ARB in the rear if Eaton/Detroit ever warranties the unit that exploded on me. So it will see plenty of street time too ;D

Cant wait!

What model Detroit failed on you? Locker or Tru-Track? I'm thinking of a Tru-Track since I also pull a trailer and don't plan on tires bigger than 32".