• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Question? What are the holes for?

ja.stoner63

Loc.
Chandler, Arizona
Bronco021copy2.jpg

What are these holes used for? Seems there on most Early Bronco's but I have not seen them used.

Any help?

Ja

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
Front license plate bracket? Most have them on the bumper, but I figured originally, a license plate bracket was an option. I'm guessing here.

OP
OP
ja.stoner63

ja.stoner63

Loc.
Chandler, Arizona
Ok, that makes sense. In AZ no plate is required on the front.

Thanks for the quick response...I guess it bugs me when there is a hole and it needs to be plugged...lol

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
There may have been a bracket, but we stuck in 2 of those plastic inserts made for license plate bolts and mounted my son's there due to his winch bumper.

barronj

Bronco Guru
email me a few photos of your rig please- that paint is almost exactly what I'm doing with mine, and just want to see the rest...

barron@greenlightlocating.com

Good looking bronc!

LOOKS LIKE I'M NO LONGER A NEWBIE!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Like Bill said, in case of a plow, but also in case of a winch, which was also a factory option back then. PTO even!
Just like the flip-up-down(?) rear plate bracket. So you could run with the tailgate down and still have a visible plate.
And the side brackets for holding the swing-away tire carriers over to the passenger side fender, in case you were running with the gate down for either longer cargo loads or while using the big auger thingy that a lot of them had.
Pretty good thinking on Ford's part at that time I'd say. Figured they'd be selling some to the utility companies and farmers and such, so gave it a few extra perks.

Paul