• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Questions on Procar Elite Seats

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Im thinking of going with these seats but have a couple of questions.

I like the suspension in my stock seats. They are very confirmable and have quite a bit of spring. How do the Procar compare?

I installed heaters in my stock seats. You cant order the Procars with heaters but has anyone installed them without too much trouble?

I haven't found a rear seat that matches the black vinyl of the Procars, just the black denim. Is there a good match in a fold and tumble or other type with headrests out there?

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Procar_Elite_Seats/Bronco_Procar_Seats

Any other thoughts?

Attachments

• 4646_252_popup.jpg
    4646_252_popup.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 82

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can tell you that they're my favorite aftermarket seat for an EB. Mainly because they're among the lowest profile so taller folks don't have to bend over to see out of the top of the windshield!
But they are in no way as springy as a stock seat. They're actually quite firm, as they look to be in the pics. I find it pretty comfy though, and better than the old stock seats for longer distances. But as always, "your results may vary" is the quote of the minute when it comes to any seat.
That "firm" is just like any other aspect of a seat, is in the eye of the beholder. Many seats from Scheel and Recaro are quite firm too, in the same vein as the Procars. The new Shelby seats by Recaro are probably even a little firmer, so you might be able to sit in a modern example before pulling the trigger on your wallet.

Have not installed any heaters myself, but I hear it's pretty straightforward. If you have a chance you can call in to WH and ask because I think a couple of the guys there have installed them before.
I'm not in this week or I'd just yell it out myself!;D

Haven't seen a matching back seal lately, but if you have a stock back seat there is black vinyl upholstery that should be pretty close. http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Rear_Seat_Upholstery_Cover/bronco-seat-upholstery

Paul

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I have the ProCar Scat Rally 2000's from WH.
Been about 11 years or maybe a little​ longer.
They hold up to abuse very well.

Their comfort is relative.....You may like the springy'ness of the stock seats but have you bottomed out that springy'ness yet? That will curl your tail bone.
While the Rally's are firm, they feel good. No suspension to bottom out.
So over a decade later am I happy with my $700.00+ purchase?

Yes....Yes I am.

But those aftermarket "reclining" suspension seats weren't around when I got my Rally's...I may have gotten those otherwise.
But as stated I am happy with my purchase 10+ years later.

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Funny, but I thought we only had the denim ones too.%)
But it does say vinyl, and it sure looks like it is standard black vinyl. We can easily verify though.
Obviously the pleating is slightly different in pattern, but it's looking like a decent match anyway.

Good catch. Sorry I'd forgotten about it.
Best to give a call and see if anyone there says different.
And you can check availability at the same time. We usually stock the Elite seats in black vinyl, and likely stock the back seat as well.

Paul

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got a pair of those from WH in 2005 and still using them. They still look as good as new. I think Paul's description is good from my experience, they are firm but very comfortable and sit at the right height with WH mounts. I don't know of a rear seat that matches but haven't looked in years. I took 1 of the procar seats and my stock rear seat to an upholster and had it covered to match. Swapped the stock seat out last year for something more comfortable for passengers but it's not a match other than color. My only complaint is the bolsters (I guess that's the term) on the sides are not tall enough if you do very much offroading, you tend to slide side to side a bit, not much but enough to be aggravating.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
But definitely taller than a stock seat ever was. And for a daily driver, there is such a thing as too much side bolster.
The Rally Recliner is a good example. Very supportive, but I would not use them in a Bronco that sees regular in-n-out action, or takes many spouses as passengers. Now the kids on the other hand... They'd probably love crawling all in, out and over them.

Luckily though, the side bolsters on these are pretty robust. I know the Mustang seats like I use in my '71 do not like a lot of sliding in and out over the outside edge at full force. Seen many of them just collapsed flat over the years. So I take care getting in and out most of the time.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I can tell you that they're my favorite aftermarket seat for an EB. Mainly because they're among the lowest profile so taller folks don't have to bend over to see out of the top of the windshield!

the low profile is advantageous in the EB for sure...