• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Quick fuel line question

efossett

Loc.
Bakersfield
I have the main tank set up for fuel injection....the aux tank has a small external pump and I have to manually put the fuel line into the main tank filler tube....so the question....can I put a connector into the main tank return line so I can just pump the aux tank into the return line? I am unsure whether the connector will cause pressure problems.

Thanks in advance

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
A little more info needed. What main tank is it, stock or aftermarket EFI? If stock how is the return run into the tank?

OP
OP
E

efossett

Loc.
Bakersfield
Stock tank (efi tank on backorder)..the return line is run into the overflow line(is that what its called?) on the filler hose....

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oops, I replied to your other post before I saw this. You'll be getting a notification anyway, but here's my response in the other thread.

I have the main tank set up for fuel injection....the aux tank has an external pump and I have to manually put the fuel line into the main tank filler tube....so the question....can I put a connector into the return line so I can just pump the aux tank into the return line?

Thanks, and sorry again about the hijack....

Well, so much for the yes-or-no part, but I'm leaning towards... maybe.
If it's a low pressure transfer pump, I don't see anything initially that would say you couldn't just plumb it into the return line. Even with the engine running, any fuel added to the line would feed back to the main tank eventually.
Probably slow your transfer down, having to share the limited space with any fuel that's bypassing the intake injectors, but it should still work.
That's my theory anyway. Haven't done it like that myself. Maybe someone can give you a better answer.

Paul

ps: This was easy, since I always "copy" my replies before hitting the send button.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I don't see any problem with it as long as the return line is clear and not kinked anywhere. The reason I asked is because the factory vent tube (1/4" tube) in the aux tank is actually pinched closed on the inside with two very small holes (maybe 1/16") drilled through it. I suspect the main tank 1/4" vent is similar.