• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

QUICK..Help on Chebby Disc conversion F250 M/C?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am putting the new M/C on now , but there wasn't a new push rod in the new Napa box. Do I try and pull the old one out from the old drim M/C and use it? I checked with Advanced Auto and they say thier F250 Camper Special M/C doesn't come with the push rod. Do I use my old one. Are they different lengths? Let me know.

Stuck in the Driveway...thanks Much,

Blue71

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Skuzzlebutt.....Did you have any trouble getting the old rod out of the M/C ? Mine is in the old M/C like there is a lock ring on it. It will turn and soin, but won't pull out. I pulled cussed, pulled again and it won't come out. Any ideas?

thanks Much,

Blue71

msuforeman

I don't remember what all I had to cut off with the grinding wheel but I KNOW it was a bitch to get out. The pushrod does have a little locking thingy in there that won't allow it to pull out once it is pushed in. Here is whats left.

Attachments

• axle seal 009.jpg
    axle seal 009.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 51

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Yeah, I broke my old master to get the pushrod out to use too. Figured the old master was nothing more than a oily paperweight anyway. Yep, it was a while ago though, but I do remember it being hard to get out too.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Oddly enough, mine did not have any clip holding it in place, and still does not. The brake pedal does move away enough to allow the rod to come out of the m/c.

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys. I got it. For anyone doing this. There is a clip holding the diaghram in place. If you remove the C-clip..the metal diaghram housinf with spring, rod, and all come out as a one piece. Remove the spring by unscrewing a phillips head screw out. Now all you have is the metal D- housing and the rod. Still have to get the rod out of the diaghram housing. I started cutting and grinding from the furthest most end of the diaghram so that I wouldn't cut the end of the rod. I finally got to the rod end and still was in there good. I then cut the diaghram housing parallel to the rod so that when I was all the way through the metal diaghram I could pry it open enough to get my rod out. Whew! a lot of work. anyway..to some it up...the ols rod worked fina as stated above .

thanks Guys,

Blue71

msuforeman

That's pretty funny. In my earlier post I could not remember how I did it but actually it was just the exact same way you did.

Brian