• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

quick question

Kelpsniper

Loc.
Ft. Lewis/Tacoma
Sorry im new to the forum i hope i posted this in the right section and if i didnt my apologies. what type of lift do i need to fit these tires 35x14.50/15 tsl the rims are 15x 10 thanks again

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Really depends on how much you want to cut the fenders. You could get those to fit with a 2-1/2" lift if you were willing to make pretty big cutouts.

I'd say a 3-1/2" suspension lift and a 2" body lift would be ideal.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Kelpsniper, welcome to CB!
There are two areas of rubbing you have to make allowances for. The inner fender at the rear of the opening, AND the radius arms. Probably others too (especially with '76/'77 models), but those are the main ones.
Lifting and cutting are the solutions to the body panels, but those tires are going to rub the radius arms when you turn unless you use a much more offset wheel, spacers, specialized radius arms, or just set the steering-stops longer so the turning stops before the tires rub.
No amount of lift clears the radius arms. It's all in the other details.

What year is your rig? What mods have been done already? Anything updated and/or upgraded in the steering or suspension department already? Which wheels are you going to run? What backspacing or offset do they have?

Enguiring minds want to know...

Paul

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
nice they wouldnt rub in the front when turning?

As Paul pointed out, adjusting the wheel stops to prevent the tires from rubbing on the radius arms is the easiest and cheapest way to prevent rubbing. Your turning radius goes to crap though. This is where the aftermarket offset radius arms come in handy - but they are quite spendy.