• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

quick Tire rack question

BroncGuy7710

Loc.
Louisville Ky
Hello again, i was wonderin how much rattle and noise a tire rack that mounts onto the body makes, i already have a heavy duty bumper and am not interested in getting a new one just for a rack. but i need to know how much noise certain types make. what are the best types? Also i want a FULL roof rack. not any of these little half ones, anyone know of a full roof rack?

Steven_in_SC

Loc.
Charleston, SC
Stock tire rack is the way to go. Mine is super quiet after i wrapped the bar in tape where it latches. If you reinforce the mounts behind the body you can even put on a bigger tire. Mine holds my 33" spare great.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
[quote author=NewBroncGuy link=board=5;threadid=18542;start=0#msg142455 date=1055518038]
where can i get a stock tire rack, than i assume mounts to the frame, for not to expensive?
[/quote]

The stock rack mounts to the rear qtr. fender via plates and bolts.

WhiteyFoo

Loc.
Houston, TX
[quote author=NewBroncGuy link=board=5;threadid=18542;start=0#msg142455 date=1055518038]
where can i get a stock tire rack, than i assume mounts to the frame, for not to expensive?
[/quote]

How about my garage. Cost of shipping and lunch. Seriously, get this damn thing out of my garage. Someone!

OP
OP
B

BroncGuy7710

Loc.
Louisville Ky
hey, how much is shipping? i'm in ky, your not charging for it? your just trying to get rid of it? i'm all over that what color? does it have all the hardware?

MKD

Loc.
Edgewood, NM
[quote author=Steven_in_SC link=board=5;threadid=18542;start=0#msg141908 date=1055389246]
Stock tire rack is the way to go. Mine is super quiet after i wrapped the bar in tape where it latches. If you reinforce the mounts behind the body you can even put on a bigger tire. Mine holds my 33" spare great.
[/quote]

Would like to know how to do this reinforcement 'cause I've stopped using mine, worried it might do some damage on my slightly larger than stock spare.