• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Radio hole in dash...any ideas?

ProjectBronco70

Loc.
Tennessee
So, my radio is in my center console. The original radio is missing leaving the unsightly hole in the dash where it used to be. I'd like to cover it up or put something in there. What have you all done to fill in the empty space on the dash?

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
I am so stealing that idea there willtel. I would of suggested a CB in the spot or just a nice polished up piece of stainless with BRONCO engraved on it.

OP
OP
ProjectBronco70

ProjectBronco70

Loc.
Tennessee
I don't mind cutting the dash to fit something. The polished up piece of stainless with Bronco engraved on it is a good idea. Trying to find something like that will be the next issue.

OP
OP
ProjectBronco70

ProjectBronco70

Loc.
Tennessee
I think I'm going to put one of my extra Bronco script emblems there with maybe a 351 badge. Do you all think that's too much or not a good idea for the dash?

bush450

Loc.
Northern
Wild horse sells rocker switches that I am prob gonna use cause mine has already been cut for a newer radio. If yours is still factory I would leave a old u it in it till I found a nice retro one that has Bluetooth just my .02

Juiceman

Contributor
I had an original non-working am radio. Took off the backing plate and the face plate. Used the existing holes to mount it. Basically, looks like an original radio that doesn't function. No one can ever tell the difference

jcpetrson

I put in a DIN pocket from Crutchfield. It's perfect to store my phone and wallet.

BlazinCopper

Loc.
Jackson, TN
Hit up a Pull a Part up and find a small square cubby hole out of a later model vehicle. It would make for some good storage

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
for mine I'm thinking about a blank panel with lighted marine rocker switches. I'm also thinking about a whole new dash, but that'll have to wait.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Heres mine,not fancy just clean,I went for a no clutter dash LOL. :cool:;D

Attachments

• radio & ash tray gone.jpg
    radio & ash tray gone.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 23
  • glovebox mod.jpg
    glovebox mod.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Dash mod 5.jpg
    Dash mod 5.jpg