• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rain is SCARY

randall

i feel that desert rat, we dont have that stuff here either, im like 6 hours from you though. but in zoni its all the same story.

cadun

Loc.
Santa Barbara &amp San Francisco, Ca
[quote author=dpm77 link=board=5;threadid=10073;start=15#73347 date=1034558646]<br>I live in a world of grey mist and confusion. Didn't you just move up here? Did you come up here to go to school for a scant 4 months and then....? Its OK, You are not the first from CA to flee the rain. The elders in our tribe tell stories of the tanned ones around the campfires at night, and always the stories end with the tanned ones disapearing into the rainforest to the south, never to be seen again. <br><br>Dan<br>[/quote]<br><br>Originally from SF, came up to school in Seattle, made it for two years, but now I'm a proud student of the UC Santa Barbara. Haven't seen rain yet, and I got to take my bronco with me!

JokerOfDeception

Loc.
Whittier friggin cal
rain is fun with a manual, at a red light, which is on a hill, and the guy behind you is really close, so you have to burn out all crazy...... hell i burn out all crazy at red lights anyways, but when its raining it gives you that jittery clutch leg

truemouse

Loc.
Fear and Loathing in Lakewood (WA)
Little science lesson. When the first rain falls it mixes with dust and particles from the tyres, brakes and the asphalt itself. When it mixes it makes this real slippery solution, even less traction than all out rain.<br><br>Problem is not with your tyres, problem is with the roads. Something I noticed in America is that all your roads are perfectly flat. In Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia they're slightly cambered to allow the water and dust mixture to run off to the sides and be washed off by yet more rain. Over here the low-traction solution has no place to go and rain just adds to it, rather than rinse the mixture off.