• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rarity of 1975 Ranger Uncut, Rust-free, Dark Blue metalic

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
Runs great. Original paint. Needs finishing. Is it worth $9000? 5 spots of rust on original floor the size of a dime. Lifted 3.5.

Thoughts?

gray gables

tough question, you could drop 10k into that in a heartbeat, and in the end will it be worth 19k,

BRONCOBERT

I would not say its rare they do keep popping up. Its hard to say if its worth $9000 with out seeing it, could be worth more or less?

OP
OP
Beer and Fish

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
It can be seen at Jeff's Bronco Graveyard Classifieds

Bronco Brothers,
I struck a deal for $8000 with the newer F-150 wheels or $7500 with stock wheels. Please take a look and voice opinions. It's on the first or second page with tan fiberglass door inserts. Thoughts on the wheels are appreciated too! I'm leaning toward passing on them to save $500. We are picking it up on Tuesday.

It's in Alabama a 10 hour drive for me.

mini73

Bronco Brothers,
I struck a deal for $8000 with the newer F-150 wheels or $7500 with stock wheels. Please take a look and voice opinions. It's on the first or second page with tan fiberglass door inserts. Thoughts on the wheels are appreciated too! I'm leaning toward passing on them to save $500. We are picking it up on Tuesday.

It's in Alabama a 10 hour drive for me.

This seems like a good bronco. The guy has a you tube video and I was talking to him till I got mine this weekend. Looks like most of the work is done and the motor sounds good. Thats one less uncut to find for sale now. Good luck.

OP
OP
Beer and Fish

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
Do you think the price is within reason?

What do you guys think of the wheels?

BRONCOBERT

Personally I think its a bit rough for the money, its definitely going to need some metal work once you strip it down.
In the video its hard to tell but I could see some blisters and bubbles in the paint and from one angle when he looked inside the wheel well you could see day light shinning through some pin holes.
I am fussy about rust, not that it cant be fixed.
Wheels are not worth $500.00 IMHO

Last edited:

ILikeBond

I think you could probably find a set of the F150 wheels for less than $500, so even if you like them better, probably go with the stockers and $7,500. Also, I wouldn't pay extra for the wheels in any event unless you were sure you were going to use them in the end. If you grab the stockers now, you can take your time deciding what wheels you like; on the other hand, if you don't plan to do any work and just want to drive it, and don't want to worry about trolling craigslist for a good deal on another set or whatever, by all means go with the shoes you like. They look good on the Bronco (of course).

Link to the bronco - http://broncograveyard.com/classifieds/r-21090-1975-ford-bronco.html

Good luck with the purchase

OP
OP
Beer and Fish

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
Anyone else, please post opinions.

I need more opinions. All thoughts are taken into consideration of the purchase.

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
Well....if this sells for nine...as it might.....That makes mine worth Way More Than What I Was Thinking....Since Mine Is Rust Free! !!

OP
OP
Beer and Fish

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
The selling price to me is $7500 with stock wheels.

I'm debating on if this seems fair...

BRONCOBERT

I would keep looking or lower your offer. Can you do metal work, panel repairs, welding and so on and do you enjoy spending your time doing that sort of thing or are you willing to pay a shop to do the work? Just some questions you have to ask yourself.

ChrisC74

Have you driven and touched this bronco? If not I would pass at that price and find something local or at least closer to you...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
Beer and Fish

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
I enjoy it! Especially when there's not much to correct!

This will not be my first Margarita! :p

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Thats fair not that I would pay that much but Im cheap. Id also have to see it in person and drive if first. If the bronco is the one in the link its not a ranger. Maybe it was at one time but a lot of parts have been swapped off. Ive seen worse go for more. Id forget the later F150 wheels they are not worth the extra $$ you can usually pick them up for $100 a set or less. Overall Id look at the body real closely. It does need a lot of small things but if he has a lot of extra parts for it then you may be ok,

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I think theres going to be more to correct then you think. Maybe you'll get lucky and the body is not that bad but there are a lot of small things I can see that need fixing. That usually means there are larger things that also need fixing. None of the seats or the hard top are orginal ranger items. Another reason to doubt its pedigree if the owner is claiming its a ranger.