• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

RC Bronco's Lets see them

Rover

Loc.
Akureyri, Iceland
Photos taken back in 2006 in an off road competition. Truck is an HPI Savage 25.
8336283615_3f17ac29d8_b.jpg

8336283681_3a3842f9fd_b.jpg

76 One ton

Loc.
Shawnee, Ok
I've never been much on RC's, but I must say these are all awesome. Thanks for sharing. I may have to look into getting one.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just got an SCX10 Dingo for my birthday and am building it up with an HPI body with Stroppe paintjob. Only been 2 days, but axles and driveshafts and shocks are done...haven't built one of these since Chrismas 1985? 1984? Tamiya Grasshopper.

crozetcrew

Loc.
Bakersfield
I just got an SCX10 Dingo for my birthday and am building it up with an HPI body with Stroppe paintjob. Only been 2 days, but axles and driveshafts and shocks are done...haven't built one of these since Chrismas 1985? 1984? Tamiya Grasshopper.

Ah.. the Grasshopper. I had the Blackfoot, Kyosho Optima and the Ultima in the 80's. I raced the Blackfoot and truck pulled with it.:p
I've been wanting to paint one like a Stroppe. Can't wait to see it.

Chris

bobtail

Loc.
high in the desert
yes the grasshopper. cost about $70 late 80s w/ charger and batt pack. whats the average price now? are rc toys better now than in 80's? I used to race slot cars. not the ho scale the larger ones. we used to rent the track by the hour Cost $1 at the base hobby shop ft Campbell ky 1969. In around year 2000 I took them to a hobby shop that had some tracks set up. the guy at the shop told me the newer tracks are hotter and would burn my California engine up. I had two chaparells and a 64 falcon.

Last edited:

matts460

OHHH you guys need to visit RC4WD.com wont be sorry! You will be building some real looking trucks!

LoneRanger

Contributor
Loc.
Gunshine State
RC4wd isnt anywhere near "top of the line" in my opinion. I have some of their axles (d-44's) wheels, and various other components. Look real cool, but performance isnt there. some not all of the stuff they have is great. Scale Bronco models are not bought they are built.

the SCX platform is however a good one to start with and modify to your needs/ wants.

L.R.