• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear brake line on third member

jonmelton

Hey guys, I'm looking for a replacement brake line that goes from the steel line to the third member. It's a rubber hose, but I can't find it on any sites.

I'm probably just searching for the wrong thing. There's not a great way to get a picture, but here's a try.

wepuckett

If you have any sort of lift you might wanna get the extended stainless steel braided lines or if you plan too. I went with Bronco Graveyard because there's is a set , might wanna look at the one on the front while your tearing into the brake system.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Showin' our site of course, here's a page of just hoses.
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/category/Bronco_Brake_Hoses

Not sure if this is throwing you off or not, but the hose you're replacing is not just a hose, but has the fitting at one end and the whole block thingy at the axle end is part of the hose. You unscrew the fitting that the vent line is connected to and the whole block comes off with the hose.

Sorry if you knew that already.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure if you're in CA, CT, KY or one of the other Franklins, but if you don't find one closer to you and order from us, it would be a perfect part to specify USPS shipping instead of UPS.
Small, light and compact would fit into a small box easily. Get to you faster and for less moolah that way.

Just in case we're an option for you.

Good luck.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry to just keep adding to the post count, but as mentioned, if you're lifted definitely do NOT go with a stock replacement. That's fine for a stock height rig, but not lifted.

If stock height, rubber is fine too if you can find one, and lasts quite a few years. But braided stainless is tighter, will last quite awhile longer (usually), and definitely looks cooler! :cool:

Paul

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
If you have a lift and want to keep a rubber line use one made for a stock 1978 Bronco they are longer than the one for a 66-77 early Bronco.

OP
OP
jonmelton

jonmelton

Thanks for all the info guys!

but the hose you're replacing is not just a hose, but has the fitting at one end and the whole block thingy at the axle end is part of the hose.

Paul, that's where I was getting confused thanks for the clarity.