• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear bumper w/tire carrier and jerry can/trail rack

mjmcbride1

Loc.
Fayetteville, NC
Here is the bumper I ordered from Tyler. I have ZERO complaints or issues with this bumper. It came bare metal so I hit with some primer and a couple coats of spray on truck-bed liner; came out decent enough for trekking through the Carolina woodlines! Thanks again Tyler, great work!!

Attachments

• bumper1.jpg
    bumper1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 358
  • bumper2.jpg
    bumper2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 368

JRED

Received my bumper on Friday. Very pleased with construction and look. Thank you
a6936893-8a37-d021.jpg

OP
OP
tyler71

tyler71

All orders have been shipped and are current at this time. Give me a call and I can see what is going on with your order and why you haven't received it. 208-859-0045

Desert Rider

Loc.
Albuquerque
Review of Keystone-Fab Rear Bumper

Thought it was time for me to write-up a review of the bumper that I purchased from Keystone-Fabrication in early June 2012. First off, it took 50 days for me to receive my bumper since the time I originally paid for it; seems like a long time to build one bumper. Once Keystone-Fab received my payment, the owner never returned a single voicemail or email I made regarding the status of my order.
Secondly, once I received the bumper, I inspected the bumper and determined that the bumper was not completely finished. Keystone-Fab did not tap threads onto the two pre-drilled holes that hold the grease fittings; the supplied grease fittings did not correctly fit into these holes (too tight to screw or hammer into place). Next, the bumper had an extremely ruff finish, meaning I spent several hours sanding the ruff areas that had been coarsely-grinded and not smoothed off (no filing or sanding). Also I had to remove considerable welding residue and burs. Next, the bumper had no bracket for a license plate, so I had to purchase materials and fabricate one myself. Next, the bumper did not have enough bolts (nor any nuts) to mount the spare tire. Next, the bumper did not come with any bolts to mount it to the truck frame. Next, the bumper did not have an adequate number of pre-drilled holes to securely mount it to the truck frame, so I had to drill extra holes. Maybe all these missing parts and issues explain why Keystone can sell this bumper cheaper than its competitors.
Bottom line: because of the poor to nonexistent quality control, total lack of communication, lack of necessary parts to complete the install, and marginal quality of the finished product, I cannot recommend purchasing a bumper from Keystone-Fabrication. However, if you do not mind fixing all the above-mentioned issues and supplying the necessary parts to complete the install, then maybe this manufacture is OK. Only you can make that call… Finally, I must mention that, once painted and installed, the bumper looks great and hopefully it will bring me many years of use and satisfaction.

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Good info. I don't think those issues would account for the low price; however, @ that price I think you did the right thing; make it right and inform the public.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

JRED

My experience was basically the same. Still I think for the money very good bumper. Compared to some of the other fiascos I have had with my build this was very minor.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
I don't have one of these, but I am interested.

For the record, from the review/description above it seems perfectly normal for other fabricators as well. My Protofab front bumper wasn't perfect, it needed some grinding and sanding before it was ready for paint. It didn't come with mounting hardware and the holes didn't line up with the frame. Not drilling holes in the bumper mounts allows them to be fitted to frames with less than perfect specs.

Mforrest

All orders have been shipped and are current at this time. Give me a call and I can see what is going on with your order and why you haven't received it. 208-859-0045
Hey Tyler, what's your current lead time on a bumper with Tire Carrier and double Jerry can setup? Also, can you PM me the cost of the bumper with shipping to 92646? I tried to PM you, but you're at your limit.

Thanks

AZ73

Bronco Guru
Is there a new deal for THIS season? The early posts are from March

OP
OP
tyler71

tyler71

Until January 5th if anyone is interested I will offer forum members 10% off of anything on out website. www.keystone-fabrication.com You must mention classicbroncos.com for the discount. Give us a call if you have questions or would like to order. 208-859-0045
Happy Holidays
Tyler

ripcityracing

Tyler's bumpers look and work great!

Sorry I havent posted sooner but I have been swamped with work and getting the bronco together. I am very pleased with the bumpers that Tyler built for me and they look and work great. I had him build the front bumper especially for a Warn 8274 winch and the rear was made to hold 2 Jerry cans. Im in the process of making a license plate holder that slides into my 2" receiver but for now this is fine.

20121218_145652.jpg

20121218_150309.jpg

20121212_112059.jpg

20121212_112135.jpg

AZ73

Bronco Guru
That looks great! I can't wait for mine coming this week. I got the same set-up with the 2 can holder, except for a standard winch on the front. I also had him build me an extra arm for the left side without anything welded to it to use when I'm not using the cans and cooler. It'll fill in the gap on the body lift and I'll make attachments to hold a bike rack and my surf board. I'll post in a couple of months (hopefully) when I'm finished with the truck.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Sorry I havent posted sooner but I have been swamped with work and getting the bronco together. I am very pleased with the bumpers that Tyler built for me and they look and work great. I had him build the front bumper especially for a Warn 8274 winch and the rear was made to hold 2 Jerry cans. Im in the process of making a license plate holder that slides into my 2" receiver but for now this is fine.

20121218_145652.jpg

20121218_150309.jpg

20121212_112059.jpg

20121212_112135.jpg

Nice Bronco. What SL and BL are you using? How do you like the TrailWorthy Fab wheels? We need more details :)

ripcityracing

Currently has 5.5" Suspension Lift and 1" Body lift. Although if I were to do it again I think I would try 4.5" SL and 2" BL or even 3.5 and 3 but that might create issues with the controls??? I like the TW wheels but they are super heavy, I would say over 150#s each. Its insane how heavy they are. I can lift my 35s up to the lugs when changing tires all day but these I have to rasie and lower the jack just enought to get the studs to align with the holes or get a friend to come over and help. Really nice wheels though, just heavy which I didnt expect ......

Last edited: