• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Disc Brake Kits on ebay...

honkey84

Loc.
ILL
I just bought the rear brake bracket kit from BC and then bought all the parts at a local parts store. The whole thing ran me about 300-400 dollars. Just feel more comfortable buying parts from vendor who designed them for our trucks.

Brewbro21

I haven't used them or even heard of them for that matter. However, I'd give them a try if the price was good.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Snake::

Haven't used the kits but I did look into them.
They are generic type kits that weld onto the 9" axle. Very similar to the BC kit but not quite.
I didn't like what they were offering so I did not get near it.
TOFIC

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
walker949 said:
Snake::

Haven't used the kits but I did look into them.
They are generic type kits that weld onto the 9" axle. Very similar to the BC kit but not quite.
I didn't like what they were offering so I did not get near it.
TOFIC

i am surprised you didnt find a $50 kit from a pick and pull lot, your like the "deal master" :p

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
meathead333 said:
i am surprised you didnt find a $50 kit from a pick and pull lot, your like the "deal master" :p
HHHMMMM gotta work on my image. Deal master?? OK I can live with that. Just cant see paying too much for something when it can be made or adapted at the "right" price.
TOFIC

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
what i dont like by looking at teh pic is all the holes in the rotor so closely drilled togeter. looks almot like if it happened to wabble it wouuld try to rotate if it broke the little bit of metal left between the holes ??? but i dont know i am guessing

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Good point I have to agree with you.
Looks to me like a redrilled chebby rotor with chebby calipers.
That would put it around a 11" rotor, a little small for my liking.
TOFIC

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky
I saw those a while back and gave them some minor consideration. The thing that kept me from getting them is that they don't give you a phone # on their Ebay auction or their web site. I emailed them a couple of questions and got vague answers. When I asked for a phone # to call about info I got no reply so I marked them off my list.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
the nice thing about the BC kit is the bleeder screw is in on top when mounted. All the other ones I've seen using the caddy calipers(most common for disc swaps) you have to take em out of the bracket to bleed em right.