• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CO Rear disk for small bearing 9 inch

Status
Not open for further replies.

RnrdTheFox

Loc.
Superior, CO
** SOLD ** Rear disk for small bearing 9 inch

Up for sale is a set of rear disk brakes that came off an early 90s Crown Vic that I've been running on my small bearing 9" for about three years. These are similar to the Explorer style that fits the Torino housing ends. I liked these because they allowed me to keep the parking brake. Everything in the pic is included:

(2) rotors redrilled for 5 x 5.5
(2) backing plates with parking brakes
(2) calipers and brake hoses
(2) parking brake cables that with the correct end to attach to the backing plates. They will fit the universal parking brake sleeves sold by the bronco vendors. Mine are from James Duff.

A couple things to note about this setup. To set these up correctly, you should put a spacer between the bearing retainer plate and the bearing that makes up for the additional space of the thicker backing plate (~ 3/16). I believe these brakes are meant to be used with a brake off-set of 2.5" where as the small bearing has an off-set of 2.6". Also, my axle seals were leaking and although I've taken the time to clean these up, you would need to spray them down well with a can of brake cleaner on final assembly. Finally I had to trim the bottom of my axel flange just slightly to get the backing plates to sit flush.

thanks,
Renard

Attachments

• IMG_0184[1].jpg
    IMG_0184[1].jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0185[1].jpg
    IMG_0185[1].jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0186[1].jpg
    IMG_0186[1].jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 80