• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Longer Wheel Studs for Rear Disk Conversion and 1'2" spacers

1975 DSE

Anyone running stock rims with rear disks? I have the Wild Horses "4 Wheel Power Disk Brake Master Kit Bumper To Bumper All New Brake Parts Everything Is Included 67-75"
Wild Horses does not include longer wheel studs necessary to clear the new caliper. They note that you will need a 1/2" spacer and longer studs but they don't offer the studs for sale. I researched this into a bunch of dead ends. Just looking for a source and part number. This info has been difficult to find.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I'd start with looking up the Dorman replacement stud for your truck. Note the diameter and length of the splines, the OAL, and then do a search on the Dorman site for stud with the same spline dims that have a longer OAL.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I got some from ARP when i redid mine...had to cut them down though...you can see how long they used to be studs.jpg

marshall godron

I got some from ARP when i redid mine...had to cut them down though...you can see how long they used to be View attachment 905740
I got some from ARP when i redid mine...had to cut them down though...you can see how long they used to be View attachment 905740
Anyone running stock rims with rear disks? I have the Wild Horses "4 Wheel Power Disk Brake Master Kit Bumper To Bumper All New Brake Parts Everything Is Included 67-75"
Wild Horses does not include longer wheel studs necessary to clear the new caliper. They note that you will need a 1/2" spacer and longer studs but they don't offer the studs for sale. I researched this into a bunch of dead ends. Just looking for a source and part number. This info has been difficult to find.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I had run a 1/4 spacer on it as well with Lincoln rear discs

marshall godron

These should work. You might need to cut them down. I used them on my rears Amazon’s got them for $27. Moser engineering 8010. 1/2 -20x3. .625 Knurl a set of 10. If you want I can send a link once I get home. My phones being stubborn

marshall godron

These should work. You might need to cut them down. I used them on my rears Amazon’s got them for $27. Moser engineering 8010. 1/2 -20x3. .625 Knurl a set of 10. If you want I can send a link once I get home. My phones being stubborn
On the fronts I had to use the ARP. $$$$$$$

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I don't have the WH kit and also no wheel spacers, but my studs are 2" if that helps. That's what you should need for disc rotors outside the flange. (but then add the spacer length.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Just want to add some clarification to the conversation. It's a very specific set of things that require 1/2" spacers, as noted. https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Rear-Disc-Brake-Kit/broncodiscbrakekitsrear#pdf
"WHEELS SPACERS ARE REQUIRED IF USING WITH 15" STOCK STEEL WHEELS. With stock 5 1/2" wide wheels a 1/2" spacer and longer axle studs will be needed. With stock 6" wide wheels a 1/4" spacer is needed."

We are looking into putting the studs and spacers in stock. We did not realize these were holding up the process so we will get that fixed.

For the OP DM me if you still are in need of these parts. Add an email or phone number and we will make it happen.

Jim